SKR 1.2 + Mesh Bed leveling in work coordinates

Hi All,

I’m now in progress of upgrade on my bulld from Ramps/DRV8825 to SKR Pro 1.2/TMC2109 (board bought directly from Bigtreetech). After solving multiple issues mostly caused by improper documentation reading, I made whole machine generally working, except one thing.

On my old Ramps, I have enabled bilinear mesh bed leveling (for some small PCB milling ) and G29 command worked for me in work coordinates ( means I moved to corner of PCB, set work coordinates, G28 Z, G29 Lxx Rxx Fxx Bxx where xx was dimensions of my PCB). Worked fine.

I’m now unable to make same with SKR pro, simply enabled bilinear mesh bed leveling (AUTO_BED_LEVELING_BILINEAR) , used Fixed probe (FIX_MOUNTED_PROBE), disabled warning for Z_SAFE_HOMING in warnings.cpp and G29 is now accepted, but works only in machine coordinates. Mean when I set work offset to x,y=150,150 (G0 X150 Y150) and set it to 0,0 (G92 X0 Y0) and I want compute 30x30 area, I need to run G29 L150 R180 F150 R180.

Does anybody know, what I’m doing wrong ?

On RAMPS, I had Marlin 2.x V1 engineering build 402, on SKR I’m on current V515 Marlin 2.1.1

Thanls, Vaclav

1 Like

There is some setting like CNC_COORDINATES that might help or hurt.

I honestly have no idea. But I want to know. So please post back if you figure it out (or any more info you find out). It may be worth reaching out to the Marlin devs too. Since you are probably a very small minority using this feature, it may just be a bug.

1 Like