Setting up Estlcam tool list

I cannot find some of the items show in the tool list HERE.

The top one is all I have and the bottom on is a screen shot of the tool list from the link above. How can I get the ones that are missing? They’re not on the list from the drop down menu.

[attachment file=53932]

One way is to click in the list, under the existing tool and type in what you need. There are also menu items to save or load lists but I’m not sure how to work them, I haven’t used them.

On the tools menu, click view, then check what you want to see. The actual tool settings are a machine by machine kind of thing. Everyone’s will be slightly different.

Thanks. So I’m using a double flute bit, which one of the last selections should I pick?

That list that you are showing is 90% of the work in each job. That is how you select how fast and deep you will be cutting each material. You have to fill in the blanks. The one you have shown there is actually pretty good for a soft wood on a medium sized machine or smaller. This is not something any of us can blindly give you, these are more of a trial and error type of thing. As you learn they will get easier and easier to fill in as you start to understand the process of using your machine. This is your CAM tool settings.

Ok thanks and thanks for being patient with me as well.

Standard question, no patience required. :stuck_out_tongue:

I got an email this morning asking where to by the parts for this or for a bill of materials…that took patience.

2 Likes