Sensorless homing MPCNC LR2

Hello! to @KCGreg & all ,
I have your last marlin from may 4th 2021 but ever since ive tried i was unsuccessful I attached a image to show and understand what its suppose to look like.
Functionality wise it moves but still how do you home the machine and where can i get the updates for this as well? Lastly, if anyone has an idea please let me know and also the entry lvl and advance lvl of milling operation programs that are good to use with the firmware.

So you have several questions here.

Sensorless Homing:
First, if this is based on your previous question I was describing “manual” homing. Sensorless homing is something completely different. Since you have TMC stepper drivers, it is theoretically possible. If you really want sensorless homing, I’d pull that out as a separate question.

Error on the screen
I don’t know what that error is, but I’d start by sending M221 g-code to get a report on the state of your drivers. In addition, it would be helpful to understand what firmware you are running…one maintained by V1, or did configure it yourself. Perhaps @jeffeb3 has some insight on this error.

Where to get updates
V1 releases it firmware on this page.

How to home
If you are running V1 firmware, press the knob, select the V1 Custom menu, and you will find a menu item for Homing X&Y. It can also be triggered using G28 g-code. How you send this code will depend on your setup. Worse case, you can put it on an SD card and run it like any other file.

Milling Operation Programs
There is a software pipeline for producing things with the MPCNC. Two references:

Personally I use Fusion 360 and and SD card, though I have a pendant to make manipulation of the machine easier.

1 Like

This is a great big help for me especially the fact that im a beginner!.Thank you!! Last question,
How can I ever program for my tool paths and be able to know the parameters that is required for a material like wood aluminum etc is there a chart for each bit VS materials that I have to cut through??? This image will make it a lot more easier to complete my message.

What you are asking about is often referred to as Feed and Speeds. They have been talked about frequently on this forum. Unfortunately no universal numbers exist for the MPCNC since there is great variation in how the MPCNC and LowRider are constructed. The following impact your settings:

• Depth of the cut
  • RPM of the router
  • Diameter of the router bit
  • Number of flutes on the router bit
  • Speed you move the router
  • Type of the cut/toolpath

Some of the information you are looking for can be found on the Milling Basics page including a link to a feeds and speeds calculator. You might also want to watch this youtube video.

2 Likes

When can we do the Google meet

When can we do the Google meet

I’m sorry, I’m only comfortable doing text. I believe I did see a video of your machine working yesterday, though I cannot track down that post. If so congrats. I believe you said that you had sensorless homing (and stops?) working. If so, congrats. I’ve never used the sensorless feature of the TMC drivers and know there have been several people on this forum struggling with this feature. I look forward to seeing what you create with your machine on forum.

1 Like

Thank you very much however,
Im using ESTLCAM and i keep getting this when i create a g code but is there another way ?? To create a g code properly ?

My system doesn’t read

I don’t use EstlCAM, and you are providing limited information, but my guess is that the file has a “.nc” extension instead of a “.gcode” extension. If this is the issue, it can be fixed by going to Setup/CNC Programs, and changing the file extension:

1 Like

just a question about the firmware, i using dual 2009 firmware for skr1.3, the only problem i have is z axis sensorless not moving at all,how can i fix it?