Sandypi

I remember the error! It failed to compile and said there wasn’t enough memory to finish. I had the browser running at the time and just rebooted to clear anything before running the script again.

2 Likes

@texx where is the gcode that is uploaded being stored? I want to set my default download location to that directory, as long as sandypi will lead whatever exists in that directory.

The folder is under server/static/drawings but there is no such a functionality at the moment. The files need some pre-processing (only to create the preview at the moment) and it is done only during the upload. Nonetheless, it should be quite easy to implement a watcher over a folder to import gcode files… I will have a look and let you know.

HI all, I was able to get Sandypi running on my Pi and it all appears to be working from the SandyPi point of view; however, I’m getting GRBL command errors because it’s sending some random characters or something across the serial port.

What is shown when I go to the manual control tab after attempting to run a drawing. I have ensured the Gcode does not contain the N codes and asterisk numbers etc.

Grbl 1.1h ['$' for help]
error:20
N7 G01 X0 Y0 F300 *107
error:1
N8 G01 X12.42 Y0 F300 *127
N9 G01 X0 Y46.36 F300 *124
or:1
N10 G01 X0 Y92.73 F300 *76
error:1
N11 G01 X24.85 Y0 F300 *73

Any thoughts?

Hi!

N command and checksum are added automatically by sandipy but they are necessary only for marlin. I can see in the pasted text they are still there even if you are not running marlin (did you paste a wrong copied text?). Did you select the right firmware in the settings page? If you select grbl you should not get them in the terminal view…

I’m a dummy - thank you Texx, apparently I didn’t save my settings before. Switching to GRBL and I’m in business!

Thanks again for sharing this great work, my table wouldn’t exist without it and now I can get it away from the laptop and save my marriage :wink:

b

2 Likes

Hi there, I’m desesperate !

I’m trying to get sandypi a test, and after installation I keep having a blank page in the browser.
I use and RPI3, tried raspian lite, full and “normal”, but have a lot of different permission denied error’s on different level, depending of the distrib I use.

Last one with normal distrib:
PermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: ‘./server/saves/saved_settings.json’

The troubleshooting guide didn’t helped neither to solve this, tried safari, opera, chrome, same result :confused:

Hi!
Did you try to run it with “sudo”? This should fix the permissions issue…

If this doesn’t solve I need more info.

• Run the installation script
  • (Try to) start the software
  • copy the entire terminal result on a txt file
  • post the file here or open an issue on github

This way I can get an hint on what is going on :wink:

1 Like

Yep I did, even pushing it with sudo su…
Right now I’m burning ubuntu to the sd card, to give one last try.

Question for SandyPi users or Luca - the scripts under settings for before and after drawing, are these straight G code commands? Could I home my machine here, or are these Python scripts or something else?

Thank you,

b

Yes, they are intended for the homing sequence. You can put only gcode commands

Hi Jerome, I think I understood what happened: you might have been unlucky and downloaded a bugged version in hours I was fixing it. Now it should be fixed in the last release. Notice: you will need to clear the browser cache to make it work with the new version. Let me know if you manage to use it.

@MichaelDot: I managed to add the watched folder. It’s “server/autodetect”.
The file will be automatically deleted after the upload and they are detected even if you put them there while the server is not running. Let me know if it works for you :wink:

I just released v0.3-alpha
Should be quite more stable than the lasts, but still is not a fully reliable build.

1 Like

Hi there,

Thank’s for the intel, I failed also with ubuntu server, I thing in 2 day’s I’ve installed it 10 times :smiley: :smiley:
I’ll test it tomorrow afternoon with a standard raspian, thank’s for your support !

2 Likes

Got it to work fine !
Stil having to fight for good usb connection, but it’s working.
I will take the time to test is deeply, thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

I made some more testing, but serial USB connexion is quite unstable in my case.

I manages to connect once, but then after I start a drawing I can’t cancel it, nor next files beeing played from the playlist or the queue.
remain stucked and if I type manual commands, no response neither.
I have to reboot the control board and RPI and and its behaving the same, one difficult connexion, and no respons then.
Tried to switch port on the rpi, doesn’t change the final USB behaviour.

If I switch back to octopi, it works like a charm with the serial usb.

What firmware are you running? At the moment only grbl 1.1 and marlin are “fully” tested…
I think grbl 0.9 could have some problems but I didn’t have the time to test it out and fix it yet…

Sorry forgot to mention, I use Marlin 2.0.8 bug fix

Strange… I will check… Do you get any error in the manual control terminal or in the raspbian terminal? If yes, can you paste it here?

Weis nicht ob es hilft,
ich musste beim Ramps die 5V Stromverbindung zum Arduino (Cina Clone) trennen.
Seitdem funktioniert die USB Verbindung immer ohne Probleme.

servus
klaus

1 Like

@Breslauklaus thank you but I swicthed to Marlin since last test

@texx Nope no error at all, no ACK neither if I activate the button. Quite strange yes, is there a log file I could look into ?