Sandify Update v0.2.7

New version of Sandify. Somehow, it has been a year without a release. There was one annoying bugfix, a few updated packages, and bob made some new, fancy fonts.

Love the fonts! Those fascinate my guests the most.

Hi jeff

Thanks so much for the updatešŸ˜. The fancytext is so nice.

But where are the new patterns? Didn’t find it yet🧐

The fancy text is the only new pattern.

Was there something else I missed?

Oh sorry jeff. I didn’t read well your update! Thanks a lot for the job

No worries. Sorry for the mis comm.

Hey Jeff - Love the text additions!

I think there might be an issue now with importing GCODE files in this new version of Sandify? I can import THR, but not GCODE or NC? Sorry of this isn’t the right place for this note - I can delete if not appropriate here.

This is a fine place for it. But I will also open a github issue.

I have been poking at this several times, and I’m not seeing where the issue is coming from. In the console (ctrl+shift+i in firefox or chrome), I can see the exception, but it is in a core library to node that I can’t imagine is this broken. We didn’t change the code we are using to call it, and the intermediate libraries haven’t had updates in years. So I think just updating our tool chain from node 12 to node 16 has caused this break to show up. But I am still not sure. C++ is the language I am most familiar with, and js is sort of a fun exercise for me, so I am reaching out to get some help. But I doubt this will be fixed soon. I may just have to find another library that can parse gcode, or remove the feature altogether, which really stinks, because I love having this feature.

Thanks again for reporting on it.

I appreciate all the work looking into this. I’d offer to help, but I’m useless with this kind of stuff.

Although it would be a shame to lose this feature - I use it all the time - since importing .thr still works, I’ve been converting my gcode files to thr in excel. Little more effort, but workable.

Hello Jeff

I have noticed a bug in sandify. try to import 2 drawings and connect it through the perimeter parameter.
The preview is ok but try to export and import it in a new sandify page! the 2 drawings are connected with a single line!

I was just recreating this and this is what it does for me (I am using rectangular machine limits here):

That line was on the perimeter before I exported. The export format can’t keep the information that they used to be connected through a perimeter previously.

What you can do to work around it is to export each layer on its own, instead of combined, and then set the perimeter parameter again.

Sandify seems to be down…

Fixed. You caught me during an update. Thanks.

@khgrap, The import feature is fixed in v0.2.8. I just checked at sandify.org. Make sure you do a complete refresh (Shift+F5, or whatever for your browser) if you have any trouble.

Excellent. Thanks!

Hello Jeff. Me again.

I wanna to know the possibility to just change the format of this parameter bellow. Now it is an interger but could be so helpful if it could be a float!

Nice catch! I can edit it as a float (with my keyboard). But somewhere between that, and the calculation, it must be getting converted. I’ll open a bug and get to is soon.

Hi. Happy to have cached sometime :relaxed:

By the way the issue I have alread mentioned is very annoying…I have try to export two by two layer but the size of the final drawing become so so big😭

The perimeter export/import thing? I can’t/won’t fix that. Once the vertices are exported, I don’t know how they were connected originally, and importing that information would be too difficult.