I’m new to CNCs amd made myself an MPCNC Primo. When I looked up I’ve seen lots of different router bits, which one should I use? What length do you suggest? Also; there are single flute, 2 flute and 4 flute ones? I’d appreciate if you could share the one you are using.
I depends on what you want to do and which material you are working with. Could you share some more details?
I’ll only use wood (mdf, plywood etc.)
I mostly use 1/8 inch single flute upcut endmills from the V1 store. That’s ideal for through cuts. Sometimes I’ll use a 1/4 inch of the same.
Really depends what you want to do.
I would recommend either 1/8 inch or 1/4 inch single flute upcut endmills. Also, you want to run your router at a low RPM. I run my Kobalt at 2.5 on the dial. When I started I was running it at 5 and making sawdust. You want to see wood chips, not sawdust.
so i am not sure, but I STILL have the 5 cnc bits that Ryan sells (or sold) they are very handy and great to get started with!
this one, very hard to go wrong with this. it is a great starter pack and supports Ryan!
Get this one too. Unless it is above!
then this would be a GREAT workhorse!