Rocky Mountain RepRap Festival 2023

I’ll bring my aluminum paperweight again. The sign is too heavy. :rofl:

Oh I was thinking machines. For workpieces there are a lot more possibilities. I can maybe think of something.

Hmmm, lots of ideas now that I think of it.

1 Like

Split the v1 logo in x number of segments and have each of you come up with a fancy technique/material and combine them for a huge and diy-like cool sign!

3 Likes

A machine would be rad, but not easy to pull off. If you do really want to, a couple of people have offered to take shipments and yesterday the Rmrrf guys emailed with a shipping setup. We can have things sent there and a pickup with each carrier the day after, might be a easy option.

OOooooh, maybe. I really like that. each one get a small easily manged piece?

1 Like

A V1 Logo Puzzle.

3 Likes

Could you put it off a few weeks please? I might have made it if it had been the beginning of June! :smiley:

2 Likes

You can visit me in Germany, I should be home. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I would do a LED-inlay! (If I was going… :disappointed_relieved:)

Haha, you would be the superstar of the faire - for sure! It’s an amazing thought though - v1-festival on the north pole. Too bad ticket prices are crazy!

1 Like

I might as well commit to it now. I am planning on bringing a ZenXY table top machine:

I hope to get the plywood parts cut tomorrow :crossed_fingers:. Ryan has already sent me a kit, and I have the plastic printed.

I should make a new topic. I will need people to make some fun patterns for it.

9 Likes

Hmmm, be careful what you wish for. Just trying to work out if we are driving to Aabenraa (DK) to visit friends or not - if we are, a cup of coffee as we pass would be nice! On the other hand we are thinking we might try to get to Groningen in the boat, so you could just cycle over! :smiley:

Sorry @Turbinbjorn, maybe next year! :wink:

4 Likes

Yes!!!

3 Likes

I don’t know if I can pull this off, but I’m supposed to be in Beaver Creek from April 15 to 19 for an event and fly back that same night. I can try to change my flight to Sunday and hang out with you guys, but that is if work and wife don’t get in the way.

1 Like

:crossed_fingers:. I hope you can make it. Beaver Creek is a top notch resort ski town. I hope you get to have plenty of fun there during your event.

2 Likes

That sounds like you made that location up as a setting for a cliché Hallmark movie. :joy:

1 Like

I mean, they kind of did. Just way before hallmark movies.

1 Like

That would be cool!

Please tell me I wasn’t the only one who didn’t initially scan this as “easily mangled piece”… Or was that just my inner Discord acting up?
Discord_tugging_on_his_necktie_S5E7

3 Likes

Okay my MP3DP is done and doing test prints now. Maybe another round of slicer calibrations, then it will go into the farm until it is time to go. I think I will put it in some sort of homemade 1/4" ply crate with HD foam sheets on the outside and bubble wrap in the middle. It should work out to be around 4o lbs. So Do I check it on the plane or ship it UPS/fedex??? Who do you trust more?

So I am starting a LR3 now. I will make it 25" usable wide. That lets me set it up sideways on the 8’ x 31" table giving me a smidge over 19" usable. That should be a cool drawing on some 24" rolled paper. I am pretty sure this one will be up for sale, if anyone is interested (you can make in any length you want by 25" wide usable), this trip is getting really expensive so I don’t think I can/should just give it away…This should also give me a good test of the feasibility of selling 95% complete LR3’s so this one will ship at least one way UPS/fedex.

1 Like

Will that be an IDEX LR3? Either way, would hope the fully assembled signature edition LR3 would sell for a good price via silent-auction/ebay to highest bidder?

Since you’re shipping a box anyway, would you have the LR3 contained within clear acrylic PolyCarb cover/box while performing ludicrous Rapid movements?

That is a cool idea!