Rocky Mountain RepRap Festival 2023

Oh that could be cool! I like making those

1 Like

Okay looks like we already need to start making some decisions.

Let’s use this picture as an example. We can have a table in the middle, or one or two booth spaces along the walls. A booth is 10’x10’ We can have 20’x10’ if we want. The tables are 8’ x 31" and we can have any number we want.

Things are very up in the air, the boot sizes seem a bit off for the tables. Any suggestions? 20’x10’ seems giant since the last two MRRF’s I had 4’x31" me and Ron split a table. We might be able to get them to switch up booth sizes if it makes sense.

They are okay with these layouts and the stuff that sticks over.

I like the three table in the lower left (gives us somewhere to sit) or the two table right above it (a couple chairs).

@barry99705 @jedidlanor any input since you guys have always been there? Any chance of you going?

I will not be there.

1 Like

Bummer

1 Like

I will be there for absolute certain. This is about 5 minutes from my house. I could actually bring my laser based on the MPCNC Burly version. I might even cut down the size a little bit. And, with even a little luck it could be operational including a scrubbed exhaust system.

In addition, I would like to propose that we consider putting together some sort of informal (no host) dinner for MPCNC’ers who attend. If the weather looks to be cooperative, I might even consider hosting a cook-out at my house. (Yes, it really IS 5 minutes…) In any case, there’s a pretty decent BBQ place just a stone’s throw from the event center. If we could put together a modest size group, we could probably take over their bar area.

5 Likes

Gotta run it past the cfo, but this looks fun.
I like that lower left one too.

2 Likes

WOW thanks Dave! We’ll as we get closer.

Fingers crossed for you Barry, I might be bringing my CFO.

1 Like

Room booked!

SWEEEEET

Tradition continues.

be an awesome time for a reveal, like the new mpcnc ideas you teased about, LOL

all joking aside, maybe a small portable scaled down model could be made. It may take off like wild fire.

Imagine a lr model that is 12 by 12 made from dowels, etc.

1 Like

SIGH!

Just for giggles I thought a nice week or two in the mountains before heading off to Europe on our annual migration might be cool. We’d have to come home first of course and we are of an age where jetlag doesn’t treat us kindly so business class would be best.

Prices are per person. Makes your postage costs @vicious1 look pretty competitive! :rofl: :rofl:

Good to know. I want to visit Australia someday… But $10k, geez.

For people flying in from nearer, check out southwest, we have a hub at DIA. And also united and frontier, but they usually show up in the aggregators and SW doesn’t. From a popular US airport, a SW flight should be pretty cheap, but no business class.

2 Likes

Oh my. My dreams of an Australian vacation have also been shattered, dang.

Holy crap! Our trip to Bali didn’t cost that much!

So I always wanted to go to Australia, too, but I watched Parkers trip there on Gold Rush, wow, some rough terrrain!!!

1 Like

Oh come on down! What the heck - come in the cheap seats you are all young and will heal quickly enough! Besides - those prices are in Aussie Pesos - not even the cost of a hot breakfast for most of you! :wink:
Besides, I could do with some motivation to get the LR3 underway!

3 Likes

My kids have been watching a lot of Bluey. They’ve noticed a bunch of things that are different (besides the fact everyone is a dog). They say things like, “you’re being cheeky” all the time now.

At those prices, only if it’s part of my long-term plan to swap all the American Possums with Australian Possums… Your soft and cuddly blighters are a sad outlier among the savage and dangerous wildlife that otherwise inhabits your dusty bit of scrub… :wink:

Watch out for Drop Bears!!!

1 Like