Rocky Mountain RepRap Festival 2023

No one pronounces my wife’s first name correctly the first time either. I mean Shaneh isn’t that hard to pronounce, as a friend of ours used to say, “it’s Shane-uh”. She said one lady looked at her, then her name tag, then back to her “Shay-nay-nay?”

I land in Denver about noon tomorrow. Renting a car and driving over.

4 Likes

I had a juno account. Then a yahoo account. Then I ran my own mail server. Ran my own spam filters on it. Finally moved my email/domain over to a better hosting service.

1 Like

The forecast has only gotten colder. I hope you all like a little snow :slight_smile:. Too late to change your mind now!

Safe travels everyone.

3 Likes

It’s windy, and I am pooped, but I’m here!

5 Likes

Show shouldn’t be a big problem. Projected for midnite-ish on Saturday.

I have a slight change. Instead of Saturday and coming alone, I’m coming Sunday with my family. So, Sunday you’ll see a family of 4 stop by at some point, probably around or a little after lunchtime. (This is a family friendly event, right?)

3 Likes

Have fun guys, can’t wait for photos.

1 Like

Glad i dug out a pair of pants!

2 Likes

I only wear pants because my job requires it. Otherwise I’d be in shorts all the time. Unless it gets below freezing and is super windy, which rarely happens (the below freezing part) here in South Eastern North Carolina, but that also depends on what I am doing.

2 Likes

As long as we can keep Barry in his pants.

2 Likes

My bad, No offense meant. I should have known better, I have helped my neighbor on and off for a couple of years with his giant diesel…

1 Like

Same thing over here with names.
My wife is Leeanne. I think she fell in love with me because I got it right the first time. She usually gets something like Leann or Leean, but there are a surprising number of combinations and permutations of e, a, and n that can sorta convince one to say “lee-ann”. At least everyone so far has managed to put the L first.

My own frustration was adults hassling me about how my nickname could possible be Tony, as my first name is Kenneth. Like I just wanted to pull their legs but wasn’t clever enough to come up with a proper gag.

Later it was my last name, not unlike Cummins-Cummings. Usually goes something like this:
“It’s Richmond, not Richman. You know, like Virginia, California, Michigan, Texas, Puerto Rico, BC, North Yorkshire, Wisconsin, Utah, Tennessee…”
“…jesus, Tony, who hurt you?”

So when the wrestling coach misspelled a kid’s last name for awards I was making (Cahall vs Cahill) and at the ceremony the kid said “Don’t worry about it, it happens all the time” I was like “Screw that, you’re getting a new plaque, kid”.

4 Likes

Absolutely none taken! More of an irk, much the same I get when I see the misuse of their/there/they’re, to/too/two, or your/you’re.

I came across an Insta reel the other day that really hit home: The general takeaway was that, as an ASD flavored neurodivergent, I can sometimes come off as having to be right. But that’s not the whole story, the truth is that I need to be correct. If I’m wrong, by all means, correct me, just be sure you’re correct and precise about it. And I will go out of my way to make sure I explain myself fully and correctly. To neurotypicals, this looks a lot like someone who just needs to be right all the time. :smiley: :crazy_face:

3 Likes

…ur…

Sorry, needed a third option on that one.
knock knock knock Penny.

I so hear that.

My standard speech to text test sentence is still “They’re putting their things over there.” Before I evaluate any other features I test that. It’s been a long time since Google has got that one wrong, but it used to be hit or miss at best.

My phone keyboard is terrible, or rather, my skills at using it are poor, but speech to text doesn’t do well with jargon, and is worse with stuff like code. So I don’t use it, but sometimes, I think I should on forums like this.

1 Like

The swipe style of typing makes it even worse, because instead of one wrong letter, there is a completely different word.

My most common error is hitting backspace instead of m or space instead of b or n. That makes stuff look weird.

I have decided that typing fast and then proof reading is faster than typing correctly the first time.

I have to be very careful with topics like this.

2 Likes

Ryan,
I’m presuming that you are on site by now, or shortly will be. I’m preparing to bring the Primo over shortly–probably around 2PM, give or take.

Please let me know if this will not work for some reason.
Thanks.

3 Likes

I’m glad you all are so friendly and understanding with each other.

But please post some pics!!! :smiley:

4 Likes

@vicious1 you guys still there? Just checked into my hotel.

3 Likes

16 Likes