RGB Death Star themed shop light panels (LR3)

Just finished up an idea have been kicking around for a shop improvement to cover up a bunch of wiring and ugliness in my shop. I walled in my loft and this girder bugged me. Was originally going to just frame and panel it over but then realized hey, I have a LR3 and OSB is only $7.50 a sheet right now.

Dust shoe and air blast doing a good job of clearing out the cut. OSB isn’t fun to cut though, ended up going 10mm/s, 4mm doc, full speed on the router with a cheap 1/8" 1fl upcut carbide bit to get a clean cut and not lose steps. One bit to cut out all of the panels, took about 30 min per panel.

The loft was open before. Walling it in bought me more walls to put shelving, I’ll probably add a door so I can keep the shop cat out of there so she stops sleeping on my seats, carpeting, upholstery stuff, etc. Still have a lot of organizing to do, but it finally feels a bit more finished than it was (that lower wall wasn’t even drywalled in when I moved here):

Now I just need to figure out what kind of art project to use these cutouts for.

12 Likes

Those cutoffs almost look like the bits for an adjustable monitor holding arm.

1 Like

Very cool!

Nice! And I’ll never complain about having too many projects and distractions again! :smiley:

Looks like a game of I spy with half finished projects. 2 cars, 2 bikes… but my accent lighting is complete!

3 Likes