Repeat V2?

One problem with starting with “HOG”:

Oh, for the next CNC… OK, not bad. Need to slow down and work on my comprehension. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Put the files up, Printables

5 Likes

Thank you @vicious1!

Noticed MP3DP’s license up on printables is different to the non-commercial you usually use for projects like MP LR3, intentional?

Looks like you used PLA. Do you recommend ABS or something else if folks are planning to mostly enclose MP 3DP and print higher temp filaments?

That looks really nice.

Only the MPCNC and LR are noncommercial. The MP3DP, ZenXY, and the projects on github are more “open”.

Thanks for checking.

3 Likes

You could go the apple route and just call every new model the same, but have an arbitrary number everyone has to lookup to figure out what “generation” it is. But also name one somewhere in the middle of the product line lifetime “new” to keep everyone on their toes. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Cordarrelle

He plays for the Falcons, so why not right? Goes with the Core-Darryl theme!

2 Likes

Where does the “back plate” go? I don’t see it in the CAD and I can’t quite make it out in any of the pictures you’ve posted but I have the 3mf in my print list.

Oh that is just an extra wire cover I use for the SKR pro.

In this picture it is the black piece behind the skr. I print it with no top or bottom layers and use a honeycomb infill to keep it pretty.

3 Likes

PS she was very excited to hide in the picture. She has her hand showing in the other one. Thought it was the funniest thing ever!

2 Likes

Okay so its just for protection. Got it!

I actually stared at this picture for far too long trying to figure out if I am seeing a human in the background or not before seeing your next reply :rofl:

1 Like

Really more of a place to bundle and hide wires but I tell non-enthusiasts It’s for protection.

I have a SKR 1.4 Turbo kicking around. It’s got ports to connect 6 stepper motors to, but only 5 stepper drivers (2209s). I’m confident in Marlin I can make either E0 or E1 work for the 3rd Z, but I’m not 100% on whether or having 5 drivers will have a deleterious impact or not.

Anyone have any thoughts?

No that will not work. 2 of the ports are wired together in parallel, all bad.

1 Like

I suspected as much, but I couldn’t seem to locate any specific confirmation.

Thanks!

1 Like

I’m stuck, and it feels like it is on the silliest thing – Fusion 360. I followed the steps above to alter the parameters to dimensions that I am looking for. I even figured out how to get Fusion to tell me the length of rails I need to get. But for the life of me, I cannot figure out how to determine the length of the extrusions.

What I did for the rails was to convert the bodies to components, and then I used OpenBOM to generate a BOM for me, and voila, the lengths of the rails were there. Same trick doesn’t seem to work for me for the frame pieces.

I’ve got most of the parts printed – everything but the case for the board and the wiring bits, and it’s getting cooler outside, so it seems like a good time to step into an indoor project.

1 Like

Fusion’s BOM drives me nuts. I am used to Solidworks and it is very easy to get what you want. In Fusion, I just check each one and use the trusty pen and paper. The whole component / body thing is still unclear to me and just makes things harder. A body is a body and an assembly is an assembly, why do anything else… **rant

Ughhh and why the heck does it not know if something has been updated more than one part deep? If you make an assembly of assemblies (extremely common), then you have to keep track of all your changes manually. That one seems so extremely simple to fix.

2 Likes

It’s nice to know that I’m not the only one frustrated by it. :slightly_smiling_face:

Back in August, you wrote:

Are those the calculations for the rails? If so, then it means that what I did in Fusion to get the length of the rails didn’t work. Assuming that the parameters that I defined in fusion reflect the build volume, and not the outer dimensions of the entire frame.

I installed a plugin called OpenBPM that seemed to make BOM creation pretty simple (or it seemed so to me). I think that I am not getting what I need because of “the whole component / body thing”

1 Like