RAMBO1.4 / output for plasma connection

Just as an anecdote, I realised in practice the advantages of an installation like Doug Joseph’s with THC (and to a lesser extent a water tank?).
It’s difficult to cut large sheets of metal with my simple machine: due to vertical expansion, my torch is quickly either too high or too low…
I’ve tried clamping my sheet with joint clamps and cleats, but when the sheet wants to expand, it has the last word!
Fail to improve ^^

This might be a wild goose chase… but if you still want to try and make use of the Rambo board and have spare time I’ve implemented an initial version of THC on µCNC 1.8-beta version.

I don’t have a RAMBO board myself so I never tried the firmware on it to confirm if the configuration for the RAMBO board it has, even works on this board (mainly given that it uses digipot and digital microstepping selection).

The THC is still experimental stuff. Paciente8159/uCNC at v1.8.x (github.com).

Has it is right now it’s prepared to work with an external controller like the Proma THC 150. But it’s a simple extension module away from working without external modules (like using an analog input to read the Plasma feedback voltage output - that would require extra electronics to do proper signal conversion and filtering though)

1 Like

Hello Paciente. Thank you for your suggestion but I’m not sure I have the skills to test this.
And for the moment I’m concentrating on cutting tubes with a 4th axis and that’s not going very well so…