Rambo wires

Hey guys I need help my 3D printed holders my power supply was sitting on broke and one of the wires snatched out of the connector on my Rambo control board and I can’t remember where it was supposed to go does anyone have a picture they could send me of wire placement.

HI John, I won’t post a pic because I’m far from an expert, but there are photos in the documents (see link at the top of the page) - you should be able to find a pic to suit your setup there.

Cheers

This page contains several wiring diagrams. The diagrams for the Rambo 1.4 start about half way down the page.

If you send us a picture of your board (including the end of the unplugged wire), someone on the forum can quickly tell you where to plug it back in.

1 Like

Thank you I will post a pic tonight.

1 Like

It connects in the open slot between the two black wires.

image]

In this picture, it is the third up from the bottom.

Like this:-

Thank you guys yaw saved my butt I’m right in the middle of a big job.

3 Likes

3 Likes

42 charcuterie boards and 40 of those need to be done by June. Lol

I love these machines. Now if I could get the time to try to figure out how to put a laser on it with some quick connect mounts for easy swap out that would be great.

The difficulty of adding a laser will depend on what control board you have and what laser module. For some laser modules on some control boards, the addition is plug-and-play.

As for quick swap, I have two mechanisms, and both work well. One mechanism is specifically for my NEJE A40640. It fits inside a 65mm (Makita) router mount. Pull the router out of the mount, insert the laser, and I’m done.

The second mechanism is a second Z axis with a generic laser mount. I pull out my Z axis, and insert the other one, and I’m done. I personally created a 3D printed version of the Z axis (to reduce weight), but the swapping will work with a normal Z axis. I don’t feel the weight reduction made any difference in my laser work.

Your Z-Axis is heavily going down on the right side or the wood is thicker there, the engraving is much deeper. You should check that I guess, as a paying customer I’d complain. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah I noticed that. That’s the only board that did that I’m gonna redo that one.