Rambo Board Firmware for LR3

I bought the Rambo 1.4 board from V1 in June and I have the dual end stops set up – I am correct in assuming that I do not have to flash the board at all…? The homing function works fine for XY and Z.

The reason I ask is on a couple of passes for cutting the struts I lost some mm on the Z axis but I can’t tell if that was just a mechanical issue because I hadn’t got everything tightened up or maybe the bit was loose in the collet.

I’m also using a Rambo 1.4

Fire up the board and look at the firmware displayed at the TFT screen, should show something like this.

Make sure you have the machine tight the way it should be, and your cutting bit is also tight before you do any cut.

During LR3 Beta test, and before I cut anything, I level the Z axis using M666 on the X axis, if that make sense.
Take a look at this thread https://forum.v1e.com/t/m666-i-cant-figure-it-out/33402
And I didn’t care about the Y axis, as I knew I would have to surface my spoil board, and probable my Y0 and Yxxxx, would be off by a mm or so on the Z axis. Making it look like I was missing/skipping steps or adding steps (dipper or higher cut) as the machine was cutting into the Y direction.

3 Likes

Gp’s suggestions are perfect, keeping an eye on this thread to make sure it’s all good.

It should have the right firmware but I do make a mistake every few years…:wink:

2 Likes

Ok so this is what I got. It’s been flashed with something from V1?

If I do need to flash the board what are the steps (for total dummies!)?

I’ve always just used an SD card to cut and never had to plug this into a computer.

I have a Mac but can run Parallels.

Thanks!

That is fine. That is a DL (dual lowrider) firmware. It is a non-release version . You should be all good in terms of firmware.

I suggest making another test cut to see if it was a loose collet.

roger that! thanks ryan!

Ok, I think I am back in the game. I lost 1-2 mm in the first hour but then I put a bit of lubricant on the lead screws and then everything seemed to be fine for the next 6-7 hours. I ran it on some pretty rough ply so I think that’s a good sign! Thanks @gpagnozzi and @vicious1 !

2 Likes

Glad to hear you are back in the game!!!

1 Like