Question before getting into all this...Possible?

There should be a pin there. You can splice them (safest/fastest) or I can shoot you out a new wire or pin if you prefer.

No worries, I can splice them. Also curious, should I have enough wire from the kit to cover a 24"x24" machine? I feel like the stopper switch wires are going to be too short to reach my controller. Can I just extend them if needed?

I’m not sure how much wire comes in the kit, but you can extend them with no worries. They don’t need specific wire lengths.

2 Likes

There is also a trick you can do with one of the Y wires (in the series kit, I think?) where the junction in the Y is inside the tube, so you get the max reach.

But I’m not an expert on the wiring kits.

2 Likes

Do you still need the part printed? If so I can print one out for you.

1 Like

Yes I do. Let me know cost/shipping and I can venmo you whatever I owe you?

OK, I’ll print one out now for you. Just PM your address and I’ll send it when it’s done.

No charge, just glad I could help out!

6 Likes

Quick update: Its been 3.5 weeks and here’s my progress. I was able to easily drill holes along a pattern (among other things)! So THANKS to all of you who took some time to respond/offer advice/send replacement parts. Next steps are to fix my wiring mess and look into spoil board options.

3 Likes

Well, the first test was pretty funny, I am always scared of that happening. The second test shows your build is a beast, you were cutting at least 15mm if not more and it was doing fine.

Long road, but it looks like you got there in the end!

Hope it has been more fun than frustrating so far.

1 Like

Here is a new video by Winston Moy where he designs a string art piece, and then uses a CNC to drill the holes. He uses Pattern on Path in Fusion 360 to place the holes on the paths.