Question about chamfer

I’m using Estlcam 11, and I have a 1/2in wide 120degree chamfer bit. I need to do a chamfer that is 5/8in wide, but I can’t seem to figure out how to do that with Estlcam. I don’t see any option to tell it step down and go out another 1/8in. Any ideas?

If you add a finishing pass but no finishing tool it will do what you want. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Are you using the Chamfer tool as a secondary tool on a hole/part path and setting the Chamfer width to 5/8"? I’ve always used a tool w/ a radius bigger than my chamfer, are you saying you only get a 1/4" (less any offset setting) wide chamfer?

…In both 11 and 12 (despite showing otherwise in the main window) the maximum Chamfer width is tool radius, e.g. that 1/4".

I’ve never done it my self but for part and hole there is a chamfering tool you can select. If you put your bit in the tool list and click the wrench you can set up the chamfer specs for the bit. I don’t see why you couldn’t get it to do what you are needing that way. But again I have no real experience with it.