Question about CAM

I’m building my MPCNC slowly, and in the meantime trying to learn CAM in Fusion 360. I’ve used Fusion 360 for about a year now doing models for my 3D printer. One question I have for those of you who might be using Fusion 360… what post processor would you pick to create the g-code for the MPCNC? I’m going to use an MKS Gen L V1.0 controller with Marlin.

Guffy post processor is very good.

I think the most recent free downgrade won’t separate rapid from cutting moves, so fusion cam is a little bit goofy on the free version.

(i am moving this to the fusion section too. NBD).

As Jeff says, almost all the Fusion 360 post processor questions on this forum are users of Guffy’s post processor. It can be found here:

As for the issues with the free version of Fusion 360, they can be “fixed” using an M203 to set the max feedrate for the Z axis and saved to EEPROM using an M500. Just execute the following g-code once:

M203 Z8
M500

Note this g-code expects values to be in mm/s where most other g-codes use mm/min. Also I don’t know if this is a perfect fix. It solved my lost Z steps for me, and projects I’ve done since making this change have all turned out.