Pumpkin candy dish

If I am posting too many projects, let me know. I’m happy to be more selective if this is coming of as spam. When I first finished my machine, I went around looking for things to make so hopefully these inspire people that are stuck.

Today I tried out my new bowl bit.

Without the candy. Made out of hard maple, and finished with butch block oil / wax.

It came off the machine super clean. I somehow didn’t manage to burn the wood.

I probably could have been more aggressive, but I was super nervous plunging a bowl and tray bit. It doesn’t really look like it should work. Looks like I made some nice chips though. Super happy with this. The dust collector was on.

Whenever I use this machine, I feel like I owe Ryan more money.

15 Likes

Awesome!

1 Like

Keep posting, always nice to see what is possible with our machines. The creative things I see here stimulate my mind.

1 Like

Lol no, post away. That tray is amazing. Could you share the drawing, please?

Never not post! I love it, things like this are exactly the stuff I hope to see on here. It is, as you say, inspiring

Remember to add the gallery tag.

1 Like

Very nice!

Absolutely not, never stop sharing!!! And keep taking great pictures like that…Gallery super star!

2 Likes

Sure thing. Here you go

Pumpkin-dish-simple

Here are the bowl bit settings I used. I feel like this was conservative, but do your own research. I am not an expert on feeds and speeds yet.

The bit is a Whiteside #1372

5 Likes