Problems with laser tree K40 module

Greetings to all, I turn to you because I think I have a serious problem with the laser.

On Friday of this week I was doing some engraving tests with the CNC laser machine, without any problem. The next day, I turned on the machine, but something was not right, the signal indicator (green) was on for a few seconds and turned off. Only the red indicator corresponding to the power on continuously turns on, the fans also turn on and the laser guide.

Verify that the connections were solid on the drive adapter board, as well as on the controller card (MKS-DLC32). I did not find any apparent false contact.

I used lightburn as software and verified that the motors responded to the movement indication and moved normally.

I am very new to the topic of cnc and laser cutting. I’ve really run out of ideas of what could happen with my machine.

I hope you can take some time to help me with this problem.

I appreciate your comments in advance.

@Victor_Manuel_Von_Cr

Welcome to the forum!

We need some more information to offer any help:

Is this a V1 Engineering machine? If so, which one.

It looks like you’re using a MakerBase controller, which is not one that is commonly used in this group of makers, but I have heard about it a couple times.

@dkj4linux has quite a collection of laser controllers, perhaps he can help.

Mike

No clue. I’m no longer scratch-building and haven’t kept up with the various controllers out there. – David

Thanks for your reply.

I am not familiar with the term V1 engineering. I am very new to everything related to cnc machines and diode lasers. Do you think it is possible to be more explicit with the data you require? Obviously you will be very happy to provide you with the required information.

Thank you so much

This forum is the V1 Engineering Forum, mostly for V1 CNC Machines and 3d Printers. But that being said there are a BUNCH of great guys here that are always willing to help in any way they can with anything they can. So dont take this as a deterrent from your posted questions.

I have to remove my earlier comment. It appears this K40 is a diode laser with no relation to the K40 CO2 laser I’ve got in my home shop. I’ve got no experience with this module in particular, or diode lasers in general.