PROBE MACRO ON WEBUI ISSUE?

So I have a probe set up, it functions as expected. The probe command on the FluidNC WebUI works as expected as well, but…

I have my probe height entered (14mm)

I have my retract distance set to 5mm.

I home the machine, move to my intended 000 and set. Then It probes as expected.

However when I run the program, the program is running high in Z. And I am unsure if it is high by 5mm, 14mm, or 19mm. I guess I could measure, but would really like to understand what step I am missing. I’m assuming (first mistake) that the probe is a macro command, and should set the proper 000, after probing, before I run my program, is that now the case?

What program are you using for CAM to generate the Gcode?

Consider zipping your Gcode file and attaching it.

Also, please confirm, are you using the WebUI probe option built into the interface? As opposed to a script you’re launching as a macro?

The built-in one should zero on the probed contact point, but it also has a feature to offset by the thickness of the touch-plate used for the probe operation. How thick is your touch-plate? And do you have that offset value inputted/stored?

Measure, it will probably tell us what you have wrong.

• 19mm high: after probing and retracting, look for a G92 Z0 that might or might not also set X0 and Y0. Change CAM start code (most likely culprit) G92 and remove the Z0 from it.

• 14mm high: likely the probe is setting Z=0 on contact. Something missing from probe definition.

• 5mm high: setting Z=14 but after retract. Either add M400 (wait for action to complete) before / after the probe action, or accept it all and have it set Z=19.

My gut feeling is the first one.

1 Like

I am using the built in probe macro on the WEBUI interface with the jackpot board. I have all the probe values entered into the macro interface.

I am using Kiri:moto to create my G-code.

The probe I am using is 14mm thick, and I have entered that offset into the built in macro.

I also have a 5mm retract distance set for after probing.

Based on my measurements, the program is running 19mm high, meaning that the WebUI probe macro must not be setting the correct Z0 when the probe is contacted, and is not accounting for the 5mm retract or the probe thickness even though i have entered it into the macro.

The G-code i am generating should not make any difference here as i do not have the probe function built into my code because i want to take advantage of the automatic probe macro built into the WebUI interface.

Ill take some pictures of what i am experiencing, and upload one of the G-code programs i have been running, I have been using a feeler gage to get Z0 since I have not had time to dig into the probe command issue.

Here is an example of the g-code that i generated using kiri:moto…

LEG-1_SHOP-STOOL-021.nc (152.3 KB)

I have had no issues running this g-code by setting my Z0 using the 1mm feeler gage, and moving down 1mm after contact.

I think your best bet here might be to clear your terminal in the WebUI, then run whatever you did in this case to probe, and paste the text in here of all the commands that are run leading up to starting to run the file.

This is the only way we can know what

actually means, and see what could be happening

So funny thing, it appears to be working now… The only thing I may have done differently is set 000 after homing all axis. then preformed the probe macro, and i now see the 19mm indexed for location on the Z axis…

Tomorrow when my family is not sleeping ill double check and run an actual program.

here are the screenshots…

maybe the G-code that I am generating is assuming that the lowrider is already at 000 when it is really at 0,0,19.

My program starting code is…

G21 ; set units to MM (required)
G90 ; absolute position mode (required)
; starting outline op
G0 Z15.0 F500
G0 X459.6709 Y635.6250 F1000
G1 Z-2.7550 F500
G1 X460.0827 Y638.6179 F1000
G1 X460.7787 Y641.5172
G1 X461.7577 Y644.3337