Printing the Primo parts using Cura 4.9.1

Hello,
I am rebuilding my Burly, and switching to a Primo 23.5mm.
I have tuned my modified Ender 5 for a good CHEP cube, and extruder calibration.
I noticed that after those cal procedures, I also had to reduce the flow rate.
My parts that accept the 23.5mm are actually 23.2 to 23.3mm. Is this normal? I have NOT actually measured the conduit pipe…it MAY be less than 23.5mm :wink:

On another issue, I see that Cura is changing the temperature in the gcode, even though I have all
temps set to 200. I went through the gcode and found 200, 210, 215 and 220. I cannot find why it is
doing this…???

The parts look good, even though I switched to a 0.6mm nozzle and 0.4mm layer height.
GlenB

Are you using the stock hot end on your Ender 5?

No, improvements are SKR 1.4 board 2209 drivers, all metal hot end, all metal extruder, Bowden tube upgrade.
I have not, as yet, put on a direct drive extruder…

I am wondering if the slicer developer has a data model in house based on temperature and volume of material passing through a hot end. It would require more heat to be applied to a hot end to maintain a consistent melt zone for 0.4mm layer height from a 0.6mm nozzle than for a 0.2mm layer height from a 0.4mm nozzle with all other factors being equal.

I’m currently getting all my parts together to build a primo from scratch. I’m using Cura 4.9.1 to generate the gcode from the 23.5mm *.stl files for my Ender 3 pro (all stock).
I’ve printed the feet and 2 trucks so far, the 2 mirrored trucks are currently printing. I’ve been checking the ender every so often, and it always has an extruder temp of 200 with a bed temp of 50. Those are consistent with the settings in Cura.
I haven’t taken my measuring devices to them yet, but the feet slip over my 3/4 EMT conduit with plenty of space to move around.
So far everything looks good on my end. I’ll keep you updated if anything looks off.