Printer Recommendations

Prusa MK3 - I have a friend who uses this and has tuned his to near perfection. Cant be beaten…

Other than that Ender 3 Pro, just got it and out of the box was mind blowing… Creality just released a new variant of the CR as well which looks amazing with runoutsensors etc.

@jeffeb3
So all these months ago you mentioned the BLV Cube, which was new to me. I studied the plans, parts needed etc. And I built one :slight_smile:
It’s become an awesome printer, with print quality similar to my i3 mk3s. I was hoping for better than that, but the countless hours tweaking finally got to me and I called it quits. It’s good enough for now, and the large build volume will be great for printing the Primo when the 25mm parts will be available.
I chose to implement a triple-z setup which I highly recommend in combination with a Duet board.
As a fun project I made my own X-carriage to work with a BMG extruder and Mosquito hotend.
I had a blast building the machine, and highly recommend it for experienced builders.

1 Like

That’s awesome. I have built a gridbot, I guess I forgot to come mention it in this thread.

Pictures?

You’re asking @SergeR for pictures, right?

Yes. I’ve seen yours. You could use some better lighting :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Everyone knows @jeffeb3 uses filters and mood lighting to make his tool pics look better…

1 Like

Here’s my BLV Cube with triple Z configuration. The X-carriage is my own design, after printing the prototypes I had the parts MJF printed.

2 Likes

That looks solid. Thanks for sharing.

Brother models are my personal favorites you can check some printers reviews here. It takes decent photos on photo paper, but I rarely use it for that. Docs/email account for the majority of my printing, though I rarely print more than a few pages per month. Currently, I have an MFC-J480DW under my desk. It will run a cleaning cycle periodically to keep the heads clear as long as you leave it on (it will sleep on its own). In addition, I prefer the scanning experience to HP’s.

For around $80, you can get those or a new version. I can get a set of third-party ink for less than $20.

If you were doing daily printing in higher volume, you’d be looking at a higher price range, but for something under that, you’d be looking at a lower price range.

We were talking about 3d printers.

1 Like