Plasma lr4

I built my plasma about a year and a half ago. I have just under 2000 cut hours on it. The last few weeks I designed a new z axis for it check it out. The reason I did it was to have fast z hoping in between cuts this speeds my cut time up by about 40%

Wow, this looks really good.

would love to see some more pics vids of this machine at work!!!

I would post videos but it doesn’t let me if you check out the Facebook group I have some videos there or you can message me on there I’m happy to share the build

No one can post videos here, you need to upload it to YouTube. I also don’t have Facebook or Instagram, not giving Zuckerberg my data. :smiley:

7 Likes

This is so cool! :slight_smile: Thanks for sharing.

Of course!! Thank you to everyone that helped me get this far 1800hrs and counting no let downs!

That’s some seriously high ‘bang for the buck’ right there!

Your z axis is fabulous. Your table water is nasty, but it looks like it does the job. What brand plasma probe is that? I just got a hand held plasma cutter and it looks nothing like that. I am very curious about what it would take it to a cnc. The one i have is entry-level, so may not work, but a different probe attached to the power source could work. What amperage is yours rated at and how much air us required?

The best bang for the buck is prime weld cut 60 and put a ptm 60 torch on it. I cut up to 7/8” you need a 15scfm compressor to be efficent. The table was cleaned out and water changed a month ago. If it was clean I wouldn’t be making money.

Thanks for responding. Great information!

I like it! Could you share more videos of it running?