Not yet finished but im putting some plywood work LR2

As im in the process of making my third V1 machine (already have 2 Lowrider 2 for plastics and pvc cutting) got the time (finally) to work some personal projects here is one of them

Sorry for the mess in that side of the shop. Definitely need more space and a new table

19 Likes

And if it holds my 290 pounds you know its built to last!

14 Likes

That’s very cool, you’re doing great!

3 Likes

That is a great LowRider project! Inspiring, I would love to make some backyard chairs similar to that.

4 Likes

Uhhhh, that’s so awesome that I want one. Did you design that, or find it somewhere?

1 Like

Later tonight i could give you the plans. Its not my design but ive already did some mods to accommodate my size 6’3" and 290 pounds :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
1.5 sheets of 3/4" mdf/ply and half 1/4 inch ply

1 Like

That would be amazing. I got a Logitech wheel, but I don’t play as often as I’d like because I have to plug it in and set it up on my desk, which only has a rolling chair…

1 Like

Cesar,

I’d be interested in a set of drawings too. In addition, can you put in a link to the site were you got the original plans?

Mike

2 Likes

Oh dang that is for driving sims? Man what I’d give for one those to use with Gran Turismo back in the day…. Nice work!

1 Like

Sure here it is

4 Likes

Thanks Cesar!

2 Likes

Always, have to say. This chair is sturdy and really comfortable (had tried other diy chairs and they always hurts my back)

3 Likes

So glad you came back and updated your thread. I totally missed that link when you posted it! Thanks!

3 Likes

Very nice! I have no need for one, but tempted to build it just to build it!

Very nice! It’s actually one of the first projects I’m going to make once my LR3 is done, well two a orange and black one and a blue and red one. For me and my son.

But I don’t want a pole in the middle.

An set of adirondack chairs are second on the list

2 Likes

Awesome! Considering an upgrade to my current “sim pit.”

What kind of modifications are you talking about for taller/ bigger folks? I’m 6’4" and if it’s a pain to modify the plans, I may just go the “inspired by” route.

Sorry for the late response,

I’m going to use the poang ikea char as it’s quit comfortable as the seat. And make a general f1 shape with the right seating position out of ply a left and a right side and connect them with ply strips in between. The sides will look like a bit of a z shape.

2 Likes

I’m 6’3” myself and my son is 7’8” but in the plans I’m making I will drill several holes so the seats and pedals will be adjustable.

… Wow.

There used to be a guy in my karate class when I was a kid. Not that tall, but enough that he needed to duck going through most doors. Must be tough getting clothes…

I keep meaning to do a flight sim/driving cockpit setup, but haven’t actually done it yet. I used to have something set up for my projector screen with a steering wheel setup, but havent done anything with the CNC for it. Yet.

1 Like

Well the chair can accommodate my size with ease. Im not sure about 7’8" but im not using it with the largest setup it can be placed. That said, the chair needs a lot of room when not in use (thats something to think about) i have made several desings i found floating around the internet and each and everyone of them have gave me back pain, except for this one. It’s really comfortable, you sit very low but it is really nice

1 Like