Not connecting to controller via usb

It’s connected but not driving… Ran Xloader, flashed all options in estlcam, Ramps worked for one stepper, then got down to using platformio and got failed. And my wires are not in the same orientations as any of the photos…? Thanks

I only ask because I had issues the other day, but do you have the correct driver installed from Ultimachine? I also can’t see in the pic if you have your DC power jumpered at the main connector to both motors and logic?

1 Like

Good. The firmware compiled from MarlinBuilder releases has been tested a lot.

You can use estlcam to generate gcode, but not connect to the rambo. Flashing from estlcam with erase marlin and install a broken firmware on the rambo. You don’t have a ramps. Reflash using xloader, and don’t flash with estlcam or platformio.

Disconnect the endstops completely until you have the motors running. Each endstop has a positive, negative, and signal. You need to be careful that you never short the positive and the negative through the switch. The recommended way (that the firmware expects) is to use only the negative and signal pins, never the positive.

This is only an issue with windows 7. Windows 8+, mac, and linux all work without a driver.

Use cncjs or repetier host to connect to control it.

1 Like

…? She’s Working!!! Flashed with xloader and she’s connected but only running three steppers. So I re,re,and re flashed with platfomio and finally… Success! YES!!! Got all steppers working with all the end stops too. Thanks everyone for your help and advice. !LET IT BEGIN! :smiley:

2 Likes