"No printer attached !" and i can't flash my SKR pro v1.2

hey i live in France and i really like your project so i decided to build my own lowrider cnc v3 and i was forced to buy most of the component on aliexpress due to expensive shipping prices and customs prices with USA.

I was trying to flash my SKR board and my TFT35 but i can’t solve this problems by my own way.

I used STM32 ST-Link utility or SD card flashing but it’s not working.
Please help me tanks you !

If both are not flashing, then it is likely to be your SD card. Both require the SD card to be formatted FAT32. Use an SD card of 32GB or less. You would have extra work to get a larger card formatted with FAT32.

thanks, but i already got an SD card in FAT32 with this firmware

You have to unzip the file.

The .zip file is an archive containing many files, including the complete source code which was compiled to make it.

If you:extract all of thr files from it, one is called “firmware.bin”

That file must be in the root directory of the SD cadd, formatted in FAT32. Put that card into your SKR Pro, and power on.

1 Like

yeah, that was im doing but that wasnt work…
now, idk how or why but my skr and my tft was flashed.

Now i got a new problem, when i move with Y+ or Y-, my Z2 steppers move down and Up, and when i click one Z+ or Z-, my Z1 stepper move… so i can’t move with my Y stepper

That sounds like the wrong firmware.

The MPCNC firmware is for the Primo. Steppers are then X1, Y1, Z, X2, Y2.

The LowRider firmware (has DualLR in the filename) has the steppers as X, Y1, Z1, Y2, Z2

So if you have Primo firmware:

• X will move X and Y2
  • Y will move Y1 and Z2
  • Z will only move Z1.

If that matches what you see, then this is the problem.

1 Like

Apparently everything work thank you so much you was right. I flashed “Dual” and not “DualLR”.

I just started having the “no printer attached” message.

I had, previously, flashed the board with the correct firmware and everything was working. To I went out to the shop to do a final assembly and rout all the wiring and I decided to test an extension cable I had made for one of theendstop switches and all I got was the error message,

I’ve tried reflashing, which seems to succeed as the content of the SD card has changed.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Let’s make a new thread. The no printer attached wasn’t really related to Flavien’s issue.

Put in a lot of details, including pictures of your electronics and I’m sure you’ll get a bunch of helpful info.

1 Like