Next Zenxy build ideas

Well, I am stumped. Gonna have to just learn and live with it…which shouldnt be hard cause it looks GREAT! I just cant get the LEDs to draw more than an amp. I know that proper LED supplies are generally constant current, while I am only feeding constant 12V, but the gulf shouldnt be this big.

I am using the wLED limited to cap at it 1500ma anyway. I am pulling the Vin from the controller through the fan connector to power the entire LED setup. Per the documentation, the fan and barrel jack on Bart’s board are good for 3A max. I put my ammeter on the supply and tested white LEDs, “full” brightness (the fullest I can achieve), and ran a sample gcode. Never pulled more than 1.5A so I should be good.

Gonna do a little more wire management then I can show the final product!

Again, thanks to this whole community for inspiration and advice!

Not for addressable LEDs. The little circuit in the strip does the constant current driving for you.

You might ask in the wled forum. They are pretty nice there too.

1 Like

Trying to put in some time wrapping up the Zen release, after all these months. I keep getting stuck waiting for more Repeat parts, so I have been messing with the last of my ZenXY stuff and finally working on the instructions.

I hooked up the table cordless to a very small power tool battery, 20V 26Wh, with a couple buck converters (probably only need one for the LEDS, the board can easily handle 20V) At that rate the table itself can run for about 8 hours. While moving medium speed, it consumes 12V 0.14A. Haven’t load tested the LED’s yet, they are so variable any number is going to be a wild guess. But 271 of them can use a ton of power at full brightness all white…but in reality I use a 5V 3A PS and am plenty fine.

8 Likes

Having fun.

3 Likes

Super clean with no wires.

And that fisheye effect in Sandify …NICE!!!

14 Likes