New to CNC LR3 build Wisconsin

I have been waiting for over a year to build this LR3 and finally am getting it together. Looking forward to climbing the steep learning curve of all that is involved.

Planning on going with 4x8 size with a lifted table and retracted legs. Will see how it turns out.

Just wanted to say thank you for the great design and I am sure I will have plenty of questions in the near future.

6 Likes

Welcome to the forum, and to the wonderful and sometimes intimidating, but very rewarding world of building your first LR3. It looks like you are quite a fair ways along on the journey already!

Having started from zero experience (including never having seen a 3D printer) just a few months ago, I can very much relate to that. But the curve starts to flatten out surprisingly quickly. I’ve progressed from opening the box on my new 3D printer and wondering what the heck I had gotten myself into, to now having a fully assembled LR3 that moves under its own power. It’s a great feeling of accomplishment, and I know that you will get there very quickly.

This place thrives on questions! I have found the community very helpful and supportive whenever I had questions or wasn’t sure what something meant.

Don’t forget to post lots of pictures of your build as you progress!

THIS. I regret sooo much not taking photos of the assembly!

Also Welcome and good luck! There will be a lot to learn but like @Bartman pointed out once you get the hand of some of it the rest makes more and more sense.