New TFT release

Any changes for the 3D Printers or do I just need to update the CNC’s?

I changed the file sorting to how I like it, alphabetical, but nothing crazy. There was some other change from BTT so if you are bored you might as well, maybe by some miracle it will help with your situation…

1 Like

I’ll take anything that’s a step in the right direction lol

1 Like

@vicious1 ok no longer getting the M420 when homing so thats fixed. But when running in touch screen mode G38.2 doesnt work. start the print and it does the inital pause to connect the probe. then when i hit resume it goes strait to the next pause without ever probing.

1 Like

Oh crap, I will test in a about an hour.

I am never updating anything ever again.

I’m trying to figure it out on my end. I never tried to print from touch mode before so it could be my mistake. I ran G38.2 from terminal and got an error if I didn’t run G29 first. So i did that before my print and it still didn’t work. Going to check my Gcode again as its not from estlcam and see if I screwed something up there. Then I will try from marlin mode to make sure it works how I normally run it and report back

@vicious1 False Alarm!!! It was me…no surprise. All works as it should. Please return to your regularly scheduled brodcast

1 Like

Ohhhhhhhhhh niiiiice!!!

Yeah…My bad

No worries, glad to have more eyes looking at it critically.

Hey Ryan, I’m new to SKR & TFT, so just making sure I have this accurate. I need to flash the SKR with the CNC firmware for my LR3, and the TFT with this version? Both parts need their own firmware?

Thanks in advance man, and happy Weekend!

1 Like

If your SKR already has V1 firmware on it then no need to flash it. There are 2 differently versions of the TFT firmware. One for the CNC Machines and another for the 3d Printers. So you need the CNC version

3 Likes

Nah I had to purchase my SKR from the amazon links provided, since I missed out on the last stock. But I’m completely clueless what’s what with it. I’ve been using a RAMBO for years on my LR2.

1 Like

I got you. They are pretty easy to deal with. Just make sure to get the jumpers right and to bend the pin on the drivers. Ryan has great docs about it here SKR Pro - V1 Engineering Documentation He also has the precomplied firmware for the LR3 so all you have to do is put the file on a microsd card and put it in the board.

This is the firmware you want for the SKR Pro 1.2 on a LR3.
https://github.com/V1EngineeringInc/MarlinBuilder/releases/download/515/V1CNC_SkrPro_DualLR_2209-2.1.1.zip

A few post back has the new screen firmware. Just get the CNC version of that.

3 Likes

Thank you so much for that @Jonathjon !

I put the Firmware for the board in the board SD Slot, and the firmware for the TFT in the screen SD Slot correct?

Again, thank you for helping me clear that up!

3 Likes

Yes sir. Have them powered off. The board flashes quick but the screen takes a few min. And the screen will show all kinds of stuff on it while its flashing so that is normal. Sorry for the delay I had to run out for a while

2 Likes

Not a problem! I appreciate the help! I’m gonna hook it up and attempt it here in a few. I’m not ready for it quite yet, but want it to be ready when I am. Been following the link to the SKR portion of the build docs you linked, and all that’s left is the flashing, then hooking it in!

Again, I really appreciate your help! Enjoy your Saturday!

2 Likes

No problem at all. Just glad to be to the point of being able to help and not just ask for help all the time LOL

1 Like

HAHA I am still stuck in the ‘asking for help all the time’ phase, even 4 years later :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes