new need help getting started

Hello

i am new to the CNC build and need some help buying a kit . I am wanting to build the

Mostly printed CNC probably a 24 x 24 inch size . I mainly want to rout guitar bodies and

clock cases. I think i know what to buy but i just want to be sure before i buy it. if i buy

these 2 item

1. Mostly printed CNC parts Bundle (6a /RAMbo serise wire kit ) $320.00
  2. MPCNC printed parts -23.5 mm burly $135.00
then added the tubing and a router will i have everything i need to start cutting ?

thanks

mike

i have started printing the parts while I ponder what to order.

you might want an LCD display. What about sharp cutting things?

2 Likes

How are you going to control the machine? Are you going to stick with transferring the gcode on an SDcard or direct connection with a computer or laptop? That isn’t necessarily an added cost, but something to consider. Figuring out a CAM program can cost or not depending on what you choose. I paid the $50 for Estlcam and it is doing great so far.

Also the base/table, spoil board and those goodies.

Dust collection is important, however you figure it out. Without a vacuum close by, everything within a four foot radius is going to be covered with a fine dust and especially if you are hogging out a lot of material making guitar bodies, you’ll need something for that.

Of course, just getting bits or end mills is a good start and you can do a lot right off the bat. Looking forward to seeing your build and your projects.

1 Like

Thanks

i think i am going to use a laptop and direct connect it to the machine that just sounds easier to me . as for dust collection i am using a shop vac for that . I know i cant use it to program but i do have CadKey software at home , i was wondering if there was an easy way to draw in it, then dump it into a CAM program . How long have you been using your machine ,are you happy with it?

thanks