New MPCNC Primo Cardiff Wales

I am Anthony Thomas
Just completed build of MPCNC Primo (25.4mm, J version). Worked on for the last three months

Quick summary of my build.

1. Workplace X=762 mm Y= 762mm Z =83mm

2. Base 15mm ply. M8 T-nuts for work and scrap board securement

3. Metal tubes - Stainless Steel 25.4mm diameter bought from Metals4U

4. Printed parts made from PLA printed on printer Flashforge Pro

5. With exception of core printed parts printed as 50% infill. Core printed 70% infill

6. Bolts, Screws, Nuts bought from Screwfix

7. Movement hardware - Steppers, belts etc bought from Amazon

8. Motors. 2x X motors series connected. 2 x Y motors series connected
    9 . Motor drivers 3 x 4A 9-42V Stepper Motor Driver Controller tb6600 . All set up to run as 1/16 micro step , 2 A max

9. G code to motor drive decoding - Arduino clone Sunfounder Mega 2560 running firmware GRBL
    11 G code sender :- Raspberry Pi running application Universal G-Code Sender
    12 CAM (path management and G code generation) ESTLCAM

10. Router - Rotozip REB230E (I have had for well over 20 years and hardly used).

Have cut some carvings in plywood (90deg V to get familiar with machine performance)

Still learning with respect to feed rates, tool speed and tool types.

Thank you :-
V1 Engineering and the community forums,
Excellent build instruction and information.

5 Likes

Just want to share items made on mpcnc:-

7 Likes

Above jewellery box made for my niece.

Wood - Oak

Finished - Danish Oil

Incorporates and MP3 player activate by magnetic switch as lid opens.

1 Like

Wow, how did you get the fingerjoints to be that good without the dog bones? Really neat.
Post it to “Things you’ve made” as well and tag it with the Primo if you will, please. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you

I have modified my Primo so that I can machine parts in the vertical. I pull my machine over edge of bench to create the space. The clamping mechanism use M8 thread bar with M8 T-nuts. The Knobs I 3D printed. See picture below.
Yes its a bit fiddley to align the work piece. On other jobs I have cut in the horizontal and then manual cleaned out the joint corners with a chisel.

4 Likes

This is what I’ve ever wanted, it’s even in the plans for my LowRider table, but I just didn’t get around doing it. Nice to see someone actually do it. Thanks for the motivation. :smile:

1 Like

Oh wow that’s awesome! I see people talk about this option all the time. So nice to see someone actually put it into practice!