New MPCNC for 2020! - Primo -

How do you become a beta tester? I have a second MPCNC ready to build and would love to add the new pieces and be willing to test in whatever way you need!

Tom’s problem is not the belts, but wait until you see the next version before you complain.

2 Likes

Not sure what the first links was but the second link shows him going back to my way of single belt, then proceeding to show larger belts do not help since the majority of the play we have is from the stepper. As for mentioning a lead screw, that is not the right solution for a horizontal load unless you want to constantly adjust your anti backlash solution. He cuts aluminum well like Kevin did because they have spent the time to really dial it in and are using an air blast to keep the chips clear.

I love the feedback and the effort you put into this but I have to clear things up when they are wrong so they do not get out of hand. The double belts and lead screws are not the best option here.

I have changed the belt tension system but I am convinced we will see far more issues this way than before. We almost never saw over tightening issues in the last 3-4 years, we will with the new system. The ones that a careful and do it correctly should see a slightly better system overall.

3 Likes

Coming real soon.

3 Likes

Will it be adjustable now? No more zipties? Yay! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Rumor has it he switched to velcro straps.

7 Likes

I have never had trouble with Zip ties except being one short when assembling my second CNC. Run a few projects to break in and then never have to touch them

1 Like

Careful what you wish for.

1 Like

I heard it was hot melt glue.

I heard it is those hose clamps for the 4" dryer hose.

2 Likes

I heard it was nipple clamps. Wait, wrong forum…

8 Likes

The pipes are concrete filled now

3 Likes

Super leak…I bypassed belts all together we will be usnig hose clamps as a rack and pinion system…Thanks Heffe, next time use the spoiler alert.

10 Likes

That’s so 2018. Everyone who’s anyone is totally filling theirs with Resin now.

5 Likes

What kind of resin? Cause you know, you can only get that kind in certain states. And I’m not sure how well EMT works as a bong… :clown_face:

I’m really happy, I was just planning on build one, so I only have a few standard elements that will work with anything :slight_smile:
Waiting for details on the design, recomended materials, etc…

And if I find good providers in Spain…

1 Like

I used epoxy and stone dust…I swear my machine is ROCK solid now… 8^)

2 Likes

Do you have any hints what the major advantages will be of the redesign? Is it major enough to wait … or build an MPCNC now?

It’ll be new and shinyerest. Or something. Or maybe worse. Almost all the hardware will remain the same, conduit/tubing, router/spindle, bearings, bolts etc. If you’re itching to go, you can start with the current system and upgrade later once you learn feed rates, doc, hardness factors, stepover etc. If you already know all that stuff and aren’t in a hurry, then wait a month or two for the new one.

2 Likes

Have a look at the details section of the link in the first post.

I would not wait.

1 Like