New MPCNC for 2020! - Primo -

I have a 3D pen that i use to touch up my prints.

You could fill the holes, then drill them to the size you need.

First. Let me say that that’s a really nice print!

Second… Do the M3 fit the brass nut correctly? The M3 screws fit into my Core perfectly with just a little bite. If a M4 bolt will fit through your Brass nut, then you could try that.

Don’t want to take this too far off topic, but how well do those work? I was thinking about getting one to play around with.

And yes, that is a very clean print. Beautiful job. What printer are you using?

1 Like

It does what it says. Be sure to look for “version 2”. When i was looking to buy, maybe a year ago, everything i read said the first versions were junk.

It is a Prusa i3 MK3S, printed with CF Black PLA.

2 Likes

I got one for my youngest several years ago. She doesn’t use it, but I’ve used it a few times to “weld” PLA parts together in multi part prints. It works, but doesn’t look particularly nice (like a bad weld). Not sure how much of that comes down to the operator though.

So… just like welding then.

“A perfect welder, I sure ain’t… that’s why I use a grinder and paint.”

I first drilled the brass nut to 3mm, there was a thread in it. I can press the M3 screw with a little friction completely pure. I could try it with M4 but I have to look at how big the screw head is. I was still thinking about filling the hole with epoxy and re-drilling.

Infamous… that’s more than famous!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0b6_i_eSgR8

1 Like

Or “grinder, sweat, and a little bit o paint makes me the Welder I surely ain’t.”

I’m just in the process of tuning up my 3D printer to get ready for the primo build. In terms of mean time between failures I think the core is certainly going to exacerbate any problems that any printer will have. I think that Ryan should seriously consider selling the core as a stand alone part and people should be willing to pay a premium for it. I have been checking the gyroid infill as a means of lowering the print time assuming that something like a 40% gyroid infill is equivalent to a 70% cubic fill but I have found on my machine anyway (a home built delta) that the vibration is really hard on the machine. In the end I am probably going to follow Ryan’s advice completely as he has his printers completely dialed in. It might be useful to publish a complete set of recommended (or known to work) settings including temps, number of walls, fill type and density etc.

1 Like

I would suggest opening a separate troubleshooting topic. This thread is pretty noisy, and I bet you cam get clearer help with a separate topic.

2 Likes
1 Like

What are you running for production machines? Your triple headed MP3DP?

7 MP3DP’s, working on number 8

2 Likes

Sorry, I should not have muddied the waters with the gyroid issue but I was trying to make a point about finding solutions to printing the core. If the current set of early adopters can’t print the core successfully then it might stall the uptake for the regular people who are waiting to find out the pros and cons of the new variant.

Sorry, that was not directed at you, I was replying to mk0815. Another reason I wish there were more independent topics.

My MMU Primo is slowly but surely progressing. Almost time for the core. So many more tool changes I am not sure if I can complete it, but am going to try. Sliced (image below) and ready once my mirrored trucks finish.

Will try to update progress on ATX MMU Primo Upgrade started

15 Likes

So far so good. I timed it to have enough done before bed that I could make sure it ain’t lifting or warping. Ought to finish right after work tomorrow.

2 Likes