New MPCNC for 2020! - Primo -

Maybe inadequate cooling?

Been there done that - you have there layer shift because of hot motor driver.
You have problem with cooling motor drivers.
Check that cooling works and also take in to consideration that maybe your room (ambient) temp. gone up.

I have Tevo tornado and just to have this kind of problems. Sort it out with bigger fan that runs all the time not controled over termistor.

1 Like

My plan after I replace the leadscrews was to print a 150mm cylindrical vase 180mm tall.

I see now that you found problem by yourself :+1:
Thermal paste, check fan speed and clean heat sing and fan also.

Can you do more walls while still in vase mode, I think you can?

Yeah just going over things and I touched the heatsink and it basically fell off, the x was loose also. The room did heat up a little with the doors closed. Replacing the paste and going to givebsome of the smaller prints a shot and see if the problem is fixed before jumping into the big print again. Good thing I didnt tear my burly apart before this was all printed.

1 Like

Nope, vase mode is single layer.

2 Likes

I am in the same boat. Next one I print with a brim.

Depends also on where you live - in Europe, the Makita is much cheaper than the Dewalt, in the U.S., that ratio is more or less inverse. I got the RT0700 here in Germany (actually, bought them (one spare) from Austria) and am just happy with it. If you need the variable speed, the Makita makes it simpler for you.
Don’t overlook alternatives like the water cooled chinese spindles.

Cube Test is the way to go IMHO. I have managed to get 3 anet clones tuned in (chinese manufactured). I am in the process of upgrading them to 32 bit with E3d print heads. But with the older version I have managed to tune them in with the 20 mm cubes. Use a process similiar to that. I have printed a Burly and a LowRider2 with them. I am gonna print that beautiful PRIMO very soon! Boyaaaaa Ryan Congratz on that new Design! I love the look

1 Like

Yea, I did some spreadsheets to try to ensure I could get it done with minimal waste. Ended up ordering 5x and using $15 worth of bing reward amazon gift cards. $37 shipped (after adding tax) is definitely impulse territory to start the upgrade :slight_smile: Now I just need my buddy to return my pipe cutter (and for him to finish the burly we started together).

Bigger the box the more accurate. diagonals on a 20mm cube only show huge issues, 150mm cube will let you dial it in proper.

1 Like

Uploading the mount now.

4 Likes

I saw that the same supplier sells 8’ lengths and bundles of 4’ tubes. Maybe cheaper than buying single 4’ lengths?

Now I’m just sitting twiddling my thumbs. The question is whether to continue waiting for 23.5mm since I already have EMT purchased, or to start printing 25.4mm and buy new tubes.

Hey @vicious1 ,

Is ordering a full set of Primo parts combined with the MP3DP parts (and one or two LCDs) a PITA for you to ship?

It would fit in a large flat rate box. I should have it all available soon. Really hoping a few more builds get finished this weekend.

I’m using EMT for a “hinge” on a folding storage system I’m making. There’s lots of uses for it if you’re creative. If you can afford the 1", everything I’ve seen here says it’s worth it (especially steel over EMT).

1 Like

Monday :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Awesome, thanks!

I know about the release schedule, I was just all of a sudden worried that my future order might mess with your zen or something. Not sure why I thought that!

Please disregard the crazy! :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Ryan what is the ideal size? I already have the LR working great at 4ft x 8 ft. I’m looking at better squaring and even depths with smaller layout then the LR. I have over half the Primo printed. Looking like a good build. Nice work Ryan!!