New MPCNC for 2020! - Primo -

I used those brackets by @niget2002 and they work great. I didn’t have aluminum angle on hand but I had some 1" square dowel rod from another project and that worked really well. It’s lightweight and easy to screw stuff down with simple wood screws so it was perfect.

1 Like

Here’s the Z-axis cable guide on My Primo.

2 Likes

I found a screw driver…!
20200718_212118|666x500

3 Likes

I like those cap on your steps any chance you would share your file?

Slacker!

Those are David’s and they are posted here

1 Like

Thank you kind sir!

After a flawless core print, having issue with the trucks. Same brand filament, different color and bought 1year apart.

Thin spot on the outside of the stepper mount. I feel like I could glue the first and scrape/flatten the second, but it’d be good to get an opinion from @vicious1 ? Repair or reprint?

Thanks!

1 Like

I don’t think those broken parts add anything structurally. If it were me I wouldn’t even bother with repair, just remove the broken pieces and continue.

1 Like

I agree with Jamie I just assembled that part today and I cant imagine that being a prob.

1 Like

What is the aluminum bracket sitting on?
Thanks!

Also copper and purple sounds badass! i cant wait to see your build

It’s David’s bracket, which I am also using.

1 Like

Thanks all!

I`m still trying to gather courage to spend 100€ more on 25.4 mm version vs 25mm version.
In meantime can you tell me if I should go with 0.083" wall (2.11mm) or 0.109"(2.77mm) wall?
Plan is to build 25"x25" or maybe smaller 25"x18" with minimal Z of 82mm.

For the Z Axis cable management I am using a Drag Chain. See https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4541775

2 Likes

Looks like you went the zip tie route to hold it on. I drilled a hole in the aluminum and a smaller hole in the middle of bracket. Then I threaded a m4 bolt directly into the plastic.

2 Likes

I’ve now had this same thing happen on 2 attempts at printing the core, usually 12 hours in. Is the motor temperature the most likely cause? My Y axis motor is at the bottom of the printer under the heated build plate. Is there a good way to cool that? I will admit the room the printer is in is getting warm. Would getting the room cooler be sufficient?

Most likely the problem is with driver overheating.
Open box and check if coolers are clean, try to cool drivers more or move printer to colder area.
As for motor side, plase check driver voltage and set them at proper voltage (regarding which driver you have - you can fint that on youtube). Motors will not overheat if you have voltage set corectly.

Use the 2.11mm wall instead of the 2.77mm, it should be lighter and cheaper and the extra thickness doesn’t add all that much rigidity. For 100€ I’d likely hold out for the 25mm version. There are enough 1" builds that I expect Ryan will be comfortable enough to release the next size soon.

1 Like