New MPCNC for 2020! - Primo -

1 Like

What are you running for production machines? Your triple headed MP3DP?

7 MP3DP’s, working on number 8

2 Likes

Sorry, I should not have muddied the waters with the gyroid issue but I was trying to make a point about finding solutions to printing the core. If the current set of early adopters can’t print the core successfully then it might stall the uptake for the regular people who are waiting to find out the pros and cons of the new variant.

Sorry, that was not directed at you, I was replying to mk0815. Another reason I wish there were more independent topics.

My MMU Primo is slowly but surely progressing. Almost time for the core. So many more tool changes I am not sure if I can complete it, but am going to try. Sliced (image below) and ready once my mirrored trucks finish.

Will try to update progress on ATX MMU Primo Upgrade started

15 Likes

So far so good. I timed it to have enough done before bed that I could make sure it ain’t lifting or warping. Ought to finish right after work tomorrow.

2 Likes

I’m jealous! I really want an MMU but haven’t bit the bullet especially after all the hardware and rails for this guy. That looks awesome!

1 Like

Something different:

The STL for the Core gives a lot of intersecting triangles in Materialise Magics (profesionnal stl software used for industrial 3d printing)

Here a screen:

I will see if i can run the fix wizard to fix this as this might gives some problems for some slicers.

There i fixed it,

Or magics did for me:

Will you print it?
Please tell us if tehere is any difference in printing (time, filament weight…)

What is an MMU?

MultiMaterialUnit

1 Like

It took netfabb a good 10min to fix the core in prusa slicer

What about a topic sharing slicer profiles, filament type and steps taken by users?

Successful or not.

I realize that there factors outside slicer, and that a lot of us have homemade machines, but it may help.

Or some sort of Print it Forward system, like the Voron team uses. Not for all the parts, as I know Ryan sells for a profit, but just for the core.

I wouldn’t have a problem creating prints for those who need.

Everyone’s been so helpful and it’s disheartening to see so many failed prints - especially from first time MPCNCers.

EDIT: Also, a topic sharing print settings may built enough data to come up with generalized settings, as well as give an idea what people are working with.

EDIT 2: Maybe even, and I have no idea how real fabrication works, but outsourcing aluminum/steel/whatever, of the core, to China, and selling upgraded core parts, as printnc does.

Could you explain the problem in words a total newbie (aka me) understands? :smiley:

1 Like

The STL had/has some model errors from the conversion from solidworks to stl. Sometimes the triangles that make the model overlap, or not touch. Most modern slicers fix this on the fly, but if the error is large enough you get weird slicing issues.

2 Likes

Railcore II 300ZL .2.zip (1.2 KB)
Not sure if your printer can use it, but here’s my prusaslicer .2mm profile that I used.
You may or may not have to turn off supports, I can’t remember if it was turned on when I copied the profile, my last print had supports…

2 Likes

Thanks!

See? Helpful!

Mine printed fine. Ended up using all scrap pieces of leftover black PLA. Some over 2 years old! It looks… not great (or really cool), but the darn thing is done, at least.

My Voron will be done this weekend so I will be able to print much faster. Waiting ‘till then to print more.

How do you like the RailCore?

This thread has 2314 replies now. Any useful technical information or discussion is going to be very hard to find.

New posts are free, they help keep the details focused on one issue (although we frequently get side tracked), and they are easy to read.

No one needs permission for new posts. Fire away.

IMHO, this thread really should be used for conversation, news, or release related questions. Technical primo questions (printing or assembly) would be better in separate threads. No hard feelings if that doesn’t happen though.

7 Likes