New MPCNC for 2020! - Primo -

My wire management is complete ;p

6 Likes

Working on x/y cable chain

I meant filling the angle with material, like a large radius rounding of the corner, so the force of the screw head / nut is lead into the ring more evenly / smoothly.

Okay I understand. I could add a small amount of material above and below the screw, minimal. The Nut is already buried so it could also get a bit of material. In the end it takes very little screw tension to keep it in place. If there are any issues I can add a small amount (and still be printable without support).

1 Like

What does the change in cutting area look like with the makita as compared to the dw660?

And is there a 1/8th inch collet you would recommend for that router like the one you sell for the dw611?

Posted this the other day. Works great for minimizing waste I whatever length stock you have. Tubing Cut Length Optimization Calculator - optiCutter

1 Like

I understand. I almost got the makita, but I already had a 611 on the lowrider, and because redundancy, lol.
The teeny tiny is almost certainly going to get a primo rebuild, so if I haven’t gotten into the pid by then, maybe I’ll spring for a spindle. I still don’t have too many routers, although the wife might say I have enough :smiley:

1 Like

Finished printing the core after 16 hours. 0.6 nozzle @ 0.3mm layers with the 70/30/70 infill. Hot glued the base just out of paranoia of bad bed adhesion.

8 Likes

Hey Xeno, nice to see your build. What caught my eye were your x/y tubes sticking further out than on Ryan’s build, so it seems to me that not every mm counts there? It could be a few mm longer, right?

1 Like

I always wonder what people who can’t express what they think so precisely would do in such a situation … LOL ROTFLMAO :slight_smile: (I won’t quote my wife’s usual remarks here :slight_smile: )

In the previous versions, my RT 0700 is held by a more embracing holder which works very well too. But more screws to release for a tool change or MPCNC generation upgrade.

(to be found on thingaverse)

1 Like

Or outdoors printing? ;^/ Looks a bit like a sail in a gentle breeze.

I was just assembling mine today and got the same thing. About 1/4" sticking out on each side of every tube. I followed the calculator dimensions exactly.

Nice build BTW!

I miscalculated the positions of the legs on the aluminum extrusion. I don’t mind the stick out. Maybe one day I’ll cut them down a bit

Good to know, thanks. I have to cut them with a hacksaw. :smiley:

z rail for cable chain. Looking good so far. Using the screws left over from the burly upgrade.

6 Likes

X/y cable chain setup complete. So close to being done!!

2 Likes

I seem to be limited how deep I can go by this. Is this installed correctly?

1 Like

Makita has been added to the calc, zero offset on any axis, but it does stick out 8mm or so further from the gantry than the 660.

I should have them the beginning of next week if not a bit sooner.

Longer is no big deal, on any axis.

That isn’t good. 1/2" off one every tube? Did you use the metric or Imperial calc?

Turn the base 90 degrees. I should have a note on the tool mount page. Take off the 4 screws and position the lock button on the same face as the dewalt logo. Don’t pull it all apart though just take out the 4 screws and rotate it and put them back.

2 Likes

This turned out too pretty not to post.

How is run-out on the dadelus bl spindle you linked? I have the super cheap DC spindle now and the low noise is pretty important for not pissing off the family. Yup, worth 3x price if it means I can run it when I have time (at night usually).

6 Likes

I just realized what I did. I transposed a couple measurements. At least I cut my tubes right. :sweat_smile:

1 Like