New MPCNC for 2020! - Primo -

I literally cringe any time I see the shipper is FedEx. I thought about going over to the distribution center to just pick it up, but then I thought “Well they’re a shipping company, I’ll let them ship it. I’m not even done printing yet”. Should have known better :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I guess I’ll just see how much of the build I can do without the tubing. Home Depot charges the same for 3ft that Jegs did for 8ft, so I can wait a week. Maybe I’ll get lucky and it will get on a truck back my way before the holiday.

I see that sometimes. A package from CA will go to new york first. Not just fedex.

I am constantly impressed with the shipping systems though. They move so many packages. And most of the time, they manage to make them go in exactly the right way, and they know exactly when they will be there. So many packages.

Yeah, when I lived in Maryland, it seemed UPS was the slacker, and even here, UPS isn’t always perfect. I’m honestly sort of impressed FedEx managed to misplace an 8ft long package, though. I’ll just be glad if it isn’t damaged.

Live view of the FedEx distribution center:
wish.com_Warehouses

First time builder here. Just finished printing all the Primo parts!

Trying my best to be patient, but is there an ETA on the Primo hardware kits? I’m giddy with excitement and want to get started on it ASAP!

1 Like

Seems we still only have one Primo built and in the wild. There are several that are really close now but still I want some more confirmations.

Ron’s build is doing really well though!!! Temple Texas Primo build (Upgrade from a burly)

2 Likes

I used to do that when I was in the house and could hear the beep, but eventually if you leave it, the hot end and the heated bed will turn off and then with some build plates, the part will just pop off.

Also the MMU2s’ sensor (that replaces the original one on the MK3s) is garbage so I have to have it turned off :frowning:

Ultimaker has a nice setup, there are NFC chips on their rolls, and the firmware detected which roll was being used and kept track of how much filament was printed with that roll. Unfortunately their rolls were obnoxiously overpriced ($80/kg) and the whole system falls apart if you use another brand of filament.

I have a slack plugin for octoprint. I wonder if it will send me a note if a filament sensor trips.

We’re pedaling as fast as we can Ryan, haha. Your creative genius revelations do not come to our fulfillments as fast as they do for you. We are just mere mortals. Remember all the begging for you to get the Primo final design and parts posted? Haha. You’ll just have to cool your jets for a while and let it all happen before your eyes. Cool off a few brewskys and take a break for a week or so. Make another humorous youtube video if you get bored…please. Haha.

3 Likes

Wiser words have never been spoken… (today) :laughing:
How about a cold one and design some tool mounts, in that order, lets see what happens!

2 Likes

4 Likes

Kenny, thank you so much for your extensive edits. The docs are much more refined and I really do appreciate it. We all know grammar and spelling are things I rarely pay attention to (or just don’t see). I just looked over those edits again and wanted everyone to know you really helped us all out with that one. Thank you for the time you put in!

11 Likes

It came lose from the build plate :sob::sob::sob:

3 Likes

Thats painful. Every time I checked on my print of the core (53 hours!) I worried I would walk in on this. I had a few parts pull off the build plate during my Burly build and had to reprint them. Although I spent days recalibrating the printer before I started the Primo prints, I still bought an extra roll of filament…just in case.

2 Likes

That blows… I guarantee every single one of us was crapping our pants thinking it would be us posting this pic. This happened when I was printing the four top corners (and it fell off the back and triggered the jam detection so at least I didn’t lose more filament), but luckily I got through my core just fine.

For what it’s worth, I used a 12mm brim on my core as well as cleaning the textured spring steel with IPA and applying fresh glue stick. Then I raised the bed temp 5 degrees just to be safe. I didn’t want to take chances.

4 Likes

I don’t have enough red anymore - got to invert the colors on the core too. They don’t have the same color in stock anymore.

You are very welcome! It is one of the areas I feel that I can definitely contribute to.

2 Likes

Now THAT’S something!

@vicious1 you are a genius. Just putting things together and wanted to see how far the gantry gets to the 0,0 corner and I noticed this little curved in piece in the trucks, adding a little extra room

13 Likes

My pause will keep the bed on, hot end turns off, but my filament change scripts preheat for removal and insertion, so I don’t worry about that. I’ve come home to the printer waiting patiently for me to feed it.
Also, holy crap your print is looooooog!

1 Like