New member inquiring about some 3d printed parts for CNC V3

If you do, please let us know how it goes.

awesome thank you sir. Now to see if i can edit my order

1 Like

I sure will

1 Like

@KMRDesigns

Hey, just for clarity, I was thinking that you would epoxy the 2 halves together for strength and also thinking that it would only be temporary so that you could get some new plates milled. Regarding whatever glue you do use, I would recommend avoiding the areas around the edges of the holes and cutouts.

PS: of course if you do get liberal with the epoxy, and some squeeze out ends up oozing into the cutout openings or the screw hole openings, you could always wipe (while wet) or grind the squeeze out off after itā€™s dry and redrill the holes, though be careful about what drill bit size you choose if you do that, as if you open the holes up too much then the screws wonā€™t have anything to bite into.

1 Like

How did this print go?

1 Like

I ended up irdering the plates from V1E

1 Like

If anyone is using a mk3/s/+ or another printer with a 250mm wide x-axis, rather than split into 2 parts, I just turned off the skirt and trimmed the corners in slicerā€¦

4 Likes

So i do not see many using sketchup. Just checked it out, are you just using browser free edition?

1 Like

Yes. I used the pro version for many years, and then last year or two I backed off to just using the free version, but I happen to have held onto 2017 edition of the free version, and it was the last year edition that you could install the free version directly on your computer. Thatā€™s why Iā€™m using it. I found some free plug-ins to spruce it up and make it able to do what I need it to do.

1 Like

Iā€™m

pretty new to this site and have been lurking around a bit. But I wanted to let Doug Joseph (design8studio) know that I have printed his parts and they look good. I have not got to the point of using them as of yet.

2 Likes

@DougJoseph Given recent discussions about YZ Plates and the fact that I intend to go this route, I made updated versions of the Split YZ plates based on the newer v1 dxf and published the files on Printables.

I tried to maintain the split in roughly the same spot as you and, of course, gave attribution and links back to you and your idea.

1 Like

Cool! Thanks! Great job.

1 Like

Cool! Glad to hear it!

Iā€™m nowhere the point where I actually need theseā€¦.

But I couldnā€™t help but try it out lol

Stuck it together with some JB Weld MarineWeld epoxy I had lying around from a recent repair.

2 Likes