New Enclosure For The MPCNC

Needed to contain the dust in my garage so I built an enclosure. I basically copied this guy’s design Make Everything CNC Enclsure but added a few windows and other features.

I heated the Acrylic with a heat gun after clamping it in place and slowly bent down.

I got some distortion on the top bend as it goes into the roof and some on the front left side but overall I’m happy with the results. Side windows are flat, so much easier.

The lower panel is removable in case I need to do a longer project.

Clam shell design with the piano hinge in the middle alows me to open either the front or the back for maintenance. Also installed T-Track for a complete makeover!

Used a piece of leftover conduit and made a handle.

I have a few more things to tidy up but pretty much done. I would like to add gas struts to hold the front open but they will probably interfere with the back being able to open.

10 Likes

That’s really cool, love the folded acrylic look. How thick is the acrylic you’re using? Cheers for sharing!

1 Like

Thanks! Only an 1/8" but you could use thicker, once it is hot it bends easy. I would use two people though one to heat and one to bend. By myself it was hard to keep it hot and get the bends I wanted.

1 Like

Looks great. Reduces the noise a bit too I bet.

Thought I would throw this in. I had some plywood left so I made a fold down assembly table.

6 Likes

I like it! That bent viewing window is fancy!

1 Like

I need to build a new enclosure. Right now I have the cnc on the bottom and the laser on top. I really should set this up the other way around.

After I finish the new printer, I think I’ll move things around.

I really like the way yours came out.

2 Likes