NEW dust shoe for LR3 with COOL NEW retainer C-clip for instant attach/detach of 2.5" Shop Vac hose (I used a Vacmaster vac/hose)

This new mod is mentioned and featured in this recent video:

Heads up, fellow LR3 makers - I finally got the printable files uploaded for my cool c-clip version of the dust shoe main body, which allows me to effortlessly attach and detach my 2.5" shop vac hose!

Printables download link:

• NEW dust shoe for LR3 with NEW retainer C-clip for Vacmaster 2.5" Shop Vac hose - Printables

This mod makes use of a “C-clip” to make it easy to attach and lock-in the 2.5" dust collection hose from my Vacmaster shop vac, and then instantly detach the hose for clean up after a cut job. I’ve been using this mod for months now across quite a few cuts, and it’s working awesome for me.

This mod is compatible with the previous version, in that the existing slide-on shoe works and the mounts of course work. Only the main “foot” part that the shoe slides onto needs reprinted.

It attaches using the same screws that were already in use.

Printing of the C-clip:

I printed this with enough perimeter walls to make the part 100% solid with no infill. Since I was using a 0.6 nozzle this meant 7 walls was enough for that. If you are using a 0.4 nozzle, consider printing with 12 walls.

Printing of the main body part can be just as with the original (quoting Ryan):

“Print at 30%+ infill…. Vacuum hose gets a cable tie on the upper tool mount and one to the top of the core.” However, I printed mine with 7 perimeter walls for added strength.

Q: What inside diameter (ID) is the opening (hose port)? What outside diameter (OD) of hose end will fit?
A: The opening (hose port) is 62.5mm (ID). Note this is 0.5 larger than previous, which is because previously only “tightness” provided grip, whereas now the C-clip nibs provide grip. My Vacmaster shop vac hose (nominally 2.5") is approximately 61.75mm and fits perfectly. Easy in /easy out. The actual imperial-to-metric conversion of 2.5" to millimeters is 63.5mm. Actual dimensions of hoses vary by brand. Measure yours first to know for sure. You may need to remix this to make it fit your hose, or design an adapter for it.

My PayPal tip jar: https://paypal.me/design8studio

Various LowRider 3 CNC remixes:

View all my models and remixes on Printables:

*Amazon product links are affiliate links.

1 Like