New build underway in the UK

If you have endstops, you can home Z. I don’t have endstops, so I use hard blocks.

In pronterface, you can send M119 and see the state of the endstops. 90% of the problems can be debugged that way. You should see zmin and zmax and zprobe. They should say triggered or open (which is a bad name, but it means not triggered).

ok will take a look tomorrow going to try and get linux working on my old laptop until I set my raspberry pi up

Hit another wall now got movement working great however all my endstops apart from Z probe are registering as triggered so unable to home the machine to levvel it up.
any body come across this I see lots of posts about end stops but couldn’t see anything with a fix for my issue.
Nothing happens if I reverse the cable
v+ pins are not used

I would like to thank everybody who has given me a helping hand it has been much appreciated.
I now have a machine that moves in the right direction on all axis and can home and level itself. I am well pleased again many thanks fom me in the UK.
Now to tidy all the wiring up and get the control board in a case.
Could i ask you all to bombard me with pictures of your wiring setup please.

1 Like

I’d rather not… :joy:

I can share pics as soon as I’ve connected the Jackpot. :slightly_smiling_face:

Didn’t you get that 6 months ago? What you waiting on??? :crazy_face:

Stop calling me out like that. :scream: I did connect it to try it out at least, but then I was missing wood for the table so the project stalled. Have to get it done by next month though. :sweat_smile:

HAHA Like you wouldn’t take the shot if the shoe was on the other foot LOL. I get it completely LOL. I have WAY too many stalled projects

I wouldn’t hesitate for a second. :joy:

I’ll only share if you want to feel better about your own.

My wiring … works. That’s the nicest thjng tk say about it. A bunch of spaghetti crammed in however it fit to get connected is a nice description of my typical wiring jobs.

I feel that I have many talents in getting stuff to work. Having it look neat isn’t one of them.

Sure thing, here’s 30 pictures per sec of my wiring available at https://zoomtube.com/@azab2c/make/v1e-lr3?v=3_8

Change the playback speed to increase bombardment as needed (2.5x to 200x). Haven’t uploaded 1x - 2x playback or Plaid playback yet, let me know if that would help. Cheers!

1 Like

I just replaced my controller housing, yanked all my cable routing and had to reverse my Y-stepper wiring. Once I get it all squared away again, I’ll toss some pics up here.