New Build NH

The week before Thanksgiving I decided I wanted to venture down this path and build my own CNC. After a shipment from Ryan, and printing my parts I’m closing in on completion. I still have alot to do, strut plates are done and I need to figure out my vacuum situation.

Build has been really fun so far. My only frustration has been the connectors on the SKR Board, they seem to fall out really easily. How are people keeping them from falling out? I was thinking something non permanent such as hot glue, but I’m alittle gun shy.

2 Likes

1 Like

1 Like

Welcome @Diaonic! Congratulations on your build, nice bench!

Able to share pic(s) of your board?

Did you remove the plastic shrouds (think wiring docs might have couple of pics)?

Actively working on something that might help, hopefully enough is working to be helpful at https://zoomtube.com/@azab2c/make/v1e-lr3?v=3_3&t=18_32_54

Hi Aza,

That’s probably the issue. When I was following the guide I believe they worked through hooking up the steppers → Removing the connectors → plugging in the stops.

I had pulled all the connectors for the stops, but never thought about doing it for the motors.

Thanks for pointing this out, will save me alot of aggrivation.

So I rigged up a cheap drag chain from amazon, I got some braided wire sleeve. Things are coming along nicely. Also printed Doug’s tool holder which I’m loving.

2 Likes