Neat!

Yea, I almost built one of his powerbanks from thingi.

1 Like

I love it. So many cool features in a small space. And then he released it all under Creative Commons. I hope we see some companies pick this design up and run with it.

1 Like
5 Likes

Unbelievable !!
I knew Marius was such a genius but this far its best project ever !

Thanks for sharing, you made me save few days before i would have discoved it, youtube is more on Sunday spare time for me :wink:

1 Like

Home shop ATC! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :partying_face:

ā€œStep 1: buy an automatic tool changerā€ :sob:

Still a cool video. Thanks for sharing.

Dude, A toolchanger would be pretty slick. 90% the reason I do not chamfer all of my cuts is I donā€™t want to bother changing the tool for something I can do with sandpaper in the same amount of time. The other 10% is I know my bed needs to be trued before that would come out well!

Unfortunately, as cool as it is, not in my budget. Not to mention all of the other associated costs of this kind of upgrade. I would be afraid that I would be at 2-3K or more, without even blinking. Hand me the spanner, time to change bits!

5 Likes

Insane! Every time i thought they were done there was more. And the amount that endmill was hogging out in each pass. Great video!

I :heart: this dudeā€™s channel. Is one of the reasons I wanted to upgrade to another CNC from my Maslow. I have yet to make an inlay yetā€¦lol!!! But his work still fascinates me!!

1 Like

I donā€™t remember what thread(s) we talked about robotic lawnmowers in. So this seemed like the right place for this.

6 Likes

Dang-nabbit! People need to STOP giving robots lasers! Especially relatively unconstrained lasersā€¦

I like my ankles, even if they hate meā€¦

3 Likes

This video makes it pretty clear why we donā€™t use lasers to cut the grass. But it was fun to watch.

Letā€™s seeā€¦ Without watching it, or thinking too hard about itā€¦

If itā€™s really dry, welcome to slash and burn agriculture.
If not, you need a LOT of power to cut through what is, frankly, mostly water.
That power means that any metal, or merely reflective detritus in the yard becomes a random psycho, blinding or maiming anyone or anything unlucky enough to be in range. This includes any really poorly placed dew/rain drops that could refract/reflect the beam (although thatā€™s more likely to just drive the effectiveness into the proverbial outhouse).
Outside pets? Expect them to shrink every couple of weeks, or months. Sure, youā€™ll be vigilant to start with, but at some point, someone will forget, and shave an inch or two, and you border collie will look more like a corgi.
Havenā€™t even touched on clipping management, and how hellish that would be, as it falls down into the path of the laser. Again, you could solve it with moar powerā€¦
popcorn

2 Likes

Just watch the video. All will be clear!

Love the weird science reference lol. Iā€™m just imagining leaving a 40W laser oscillating in my backyard overnight while I sleep. I guess my idea of putting an electric blower on an rc truck to clean debris from my roof valley flashing isnā€™t such a crazy idea after all?

4 Likes

Another membership card needs to be collectedā€¦

Real Genius

1 Like

:flushed: hands card over

Not sure why my organic ssd had no instance of that title!!! Should I put ā€œgot the year right at leastā€ on my reapplication? Lol, at least I didnā€™t say short circuit.

2 Likes

The guy says several times that this isnā€™t a good idea, and safety is not the strong point.

I would never do this, butā€¦ I donā€™t have a YouTube channel that anyone follows.

1 Like

Stop touching yourself Kent!

3 Likes