Mrrf 2022

Yea, beautiful country, but I will be working. I’m trying to bring wife and kids as it is school vacation and they can go to my parents house.
We will see…

1 Like

I never made it to Brazil. We had an office in San Paulo.

MRRF Facebook update…

2 Likes

Here’s the text of the update:

Hey everyone! Just a quick update for this years MRRF. Hours…
Friday setup begins at 3PM and runs until… It’s MRRF! We never know when we’re done for the night 😁
Saturday/Sunday Doors open at 8am. Saturday night we’ll keep the traditional afterhours party/meetup/hangout going until likely midnight. Sunday we will shut down at 5pm. You’re more than welcome to start loading up early especially for those of you driving home that night.

Also we do still have a few spots left we’re holding open for sponsors, Makerspaces and schools. If you’re interested send an email to info@midwestreprapfest.org and we’ll get you taken care of. Remember, we’re doing our part this year to make sure all sponsors show us how they support the open source and 3D printing communities, so make sure you guys do your part and support them at the festival, because without them we wouldn’t be able to keep this going every year. We will publish the full list of sponsor soon, but here’s a quick list of confirmed sponsors

Prusa Research
Atomic Filament
Annex Engineering
Greengate 3D
Voron Designs
Proto-Pasta
Fabreeko
Lukes Lab
Lulzbot
E3D
Duet3D
LDO Motors
Microswiss
Slice Engineering
Chriss’ Basement
Tripods Garage
IC3D
Filament PM
Mandala Roseworks
Antithesis Labs
ProjectR3D
3Dprintingworld

Looking forward to seeing everyone again in JUST TWO MONTHS!!!

Sonny & John

3 Likes

Yeah that is such a trip I have been a “silver sponsor” or whatever they call the biggest tier they offer for 5 years running. They have emailed me before, asking about sponsorship stuff. I didn’t get any emails this time and I asked about sponsoring again and still no reply. I assume they are doing fine with sponsorships this year, but how the heck did all those guys get on the list, I have been reading “all” (they have only posted like 3 times) the posts they put up.

I am such a planner for all the things I do. I have no idea how they pull off an event like this so loosely.

They must have blackballed you since you haven’t released the LR3 info yet. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I better fix that. Or maybe I should wait and do it there.

1 Like

I know Luke’s lab and Mandala rose works emailed them asking about it. I asked Luke because he mentioned getting his sponsor table.

1 Like

Starting to get close. Who would I expect to see there?

2 Likes

:raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:
Me!!

2 Likes

Gas is 5.19 in Michigan and planning on going higher, quite a few years ago they got rid of our last refinery. I really wanted to make it, but i will not be attending. I cannot put that much money in gas for just a “fun” event.

I won’t be going. Too much work travel nearby.

Local refineries don’t really effect gas prices. I used to live within the “going to break all the windows if it blows” zone of a refinery. Prices were the same as everywhere else. And that was in Alaska where they pulled crude oil straight from the pipeline.

2 Likes

Michigan does not have any borders except ohio/illinois. They charge us extra for delivery. Now they are saying reserves are depleting. First time that we have been above national average that I can remember.
We have lots of independent wells, but they no longer pump, as it costs more to ship a barrel of oil to the closest refinery than they make to sell it.

It has affected us, that refinery used to employ some of my family. that was a bummer too.

1 Like

holy wow, you are attending from Texas??

Unfortunately, it is looking like no. If there were a big gang then that might have been a different story, but I’m not really interested in 3D printing to that level to justify the festival on its own. Sorry Barry.

Awww bummer. I wish I could make it happen. That would have been cool.

1 Like

Well im going to be passing through but a week early :upside_down_face: so sorry guys the wife’s vacation got moved up a week so so did mine. Hope next year i will make it

I’ll be there.

Going to be splitting my time between manning the table for our makerspace and walking the floor.

1 Like

6 Likes