MPCNC Plasma - progressive torch ignition on the Z axis

Hello everyone,

For my MPCNC plasma (using Rambo1.4 card / Marlin firmware), I’d like to set up a progressive torch ignition on the Z axis, i.e. the torch ignites at Z+4mm for a final cutting height of Z+2mm. This would limit the amount of material projected onto the torch, and hence its wear and tear.
I looked for such a feature in Fusion 360 :

I have also asked on the Fusion 360 forum but have no answer.

There’s always the possibility of manually modifying the GCode, but it’s a bit repetitive and tedious to do it on each cutting file…

A little tip for those with a CNC plasma: I saw that one manufacturer had installed an oil projecton system on the sheet before cutting. This is to limit the material sticking to the sheet. Personally, I do it manually, but it seems to work pretty well.

Well, it represents maybe 5% of the projections, which are mainly made up of slag under the sheet, and for which there’s no miracle solution, but it’s a start…

It’s been a while since I’ve used Fusion but I would try to tackle this by adding the manual code to the header area so it is automatically added to every file. Have you tried that yet?

No, I didn’t know that was a possibility. Thanks for the information, I’ll have a look.