Mpcnc Low Rider Space Saver Table

Canada build space saver table 36 x 60 printable surface. short table is 15 x 44 and long table is 60 x 44, so far everything is holding up good .

13 Likes

I’m looking to build a space saving table as well. I hadn’t thought of folding table legs. Are they stable enough?

2 Likes

Yes- very stable and I can stand on it and I weigh 200 pounds

1 Like

This is an awesome idea. Glad to see stuff like this, nice work figuring it out and executing.

For larger tables you want to flip them on a longer side as most spaces do not have ceilings high enough to stand up 9+ ft rails.

I am currently building a table that uses the same basic design from this thread

1 Like

yes, I went with the short side because I have high ceiling and less complicated with the running of the belts for the Y-Axis to travel on .but so far I really like it .

but your looks awesome too

Nice table.

How high off the ground is the hinge point?

I’m looking to do something similar, but have it contained in a 5’6” wide by 23” deep doorless closet in my wood shop. The header is 83” high so I need to take it low. Just curious how high your is

Thanks

31.5 inches

1 Like

I used piano hinges

Perfect, thanks!

Looks like I might go for a mobile version, for flexibility, but your pics helped a ton.