MPCNC Build Complete (until my next good idea)

Darn you, I had almost convinced myself to just order the rambo. I am just skilled enough to get marlin 2 running on the SKR with teaching techs videos. Running that board on my first build of an mpcnc is both exciting and terrifying. You may have pushed me over the edge to try it.

UPDATE ***

FIXED - I deleted and downloaded again - then deleted the PIOLIBS file and built - All worked well - if anyone else has this problem.

ps I also had to install python 3.8

Mike

Many thanks Dan,

I have ran into a problem with building the firmware -

It is saying macros.h is missing ?

This is the error:

Marlin\src\lcd\extensible_ui\lib\lulzbot\ftdi_eve_lib\extended\unicode…/…/…/…/…/…/…/inc/…/HAL/./HAL_LPC1768/…/shared/math_32bit.h:24:10: fatal error: …/…/core/macros.h: No such file or directory
#include “…/…/core/macros.h”

can you help please.

thanks again

Mike

Cool build, looks like you enjoy the building and experimenting part as much as I do!

1 Like

Excellent job on working with the SKR1.3. Hoping to learn how to set up my 32bit/TFT mpcnc from what you’ve put together.

I’m finally getting the rest of my build together. I printed everything about this time last year and have recently been catching up on the new 32bit boards and tmc drivers that are available now at much more affordable prices. I was leaning towards the 32bit MKS sGen L, mainly because i have one of their 8bit boards on my printer and it has been trouble-free.

Now i see these SKR boards seem very popular. I feel they’re functionally identical to the 32bit MKS and similarly priced, but I didn’t do a ton of research so i’m probably wrong about that. Someone please correct me if i’m wrong. However, the MKS board does have matching color coded stepper and endstop connectors, which my old half blind eyes would find very helpful. :slight_smile:

I saw teching techs video also, a great service he has done for us. I have a TFT32 display that came with my printer, but I don’t use it and i’m wanting to know it the TFT35 firmware would work on my TFT32, or if it could be made to work? I’m not marlin savy, but i’ve managed through it with my printer with a bit of help from others.

The display always seemed a bit laggy on my printer so i’ve always ran my printer from my pc with repetier. I haven’t had the display attached to the printer for over a year. Maybe the display would seem more responsive in conjunction with a 32bit board? Either way, i’d like to try it with my mpcnc.

Once again, great job.

Subscribed.

Hello there, I was trying to build the firmware for my skr 1.3 and DRV8825 so, being very newbie in coding, I thought it could work simply changing stepper driver to DRV8825 in config.h, but it does not.
So, thinking there was some error in what I was doing I tried to build the firmware https://github.com/BlomsD/MPCNC-SKR1.3-TMC2208UART as it is and I still get same errors…

I also tried the Teaching Tech firmware and still errors…

I’d like to have the “auto squaring” feature, but it seems hard…

Immagine.jpg

I’d like to have the “auto squaring” feature, but it seems hard…

There is a working firmware for SKR 1.3 with dual endstops in this thread: https://forum.v1e.com/t/error-while-compiling-on-skr-v1-3-mainboard

Yes! I finally managed to build the firmware, adapting to my lowrider… I will test it as soon as I get last hardware to complete the mpcnc. Thanks a lot

1 Like

Make sure you install Git (was a lesson learned from TeachingTech). I think that is why it just downloaded all the dependencies on first run for me and then I didn’t run into these issues.

Yea, the experimenting and building is a lot of fun.

I finally actually cut some stuff so that was pretty cool. Then sadly real-life intervened so a delay. Now I’m working on designing something real to cut.

I hooked up the laser and drew a few logos and then added a grid to help with alignment.
IMG_20191116_000032

Then I finally hooked up the dewalt 660 and started cutting. Using Fusion 360 I was able to cut out the letter “B” in a piece of plywood :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I finally designed and cut something real. Did the first test on MDF but here is the cut on oak.

I used a 90 degree v cut bit for the edges with a 1/8" spiral bit for the flat parts in the middle. Used Adobe Illustrator for the design then ESTLCAM for the CAM since I couldn’t get fusion 360 to do what I wanted.

Used the end stops and a z touch plate to allow me to kill the motors; move the router to a convenient spot; switch tools; then just rehome everything and let it go to town.

After this I switched to the laser and etched my logo in the back.

Doing the finishing work now and I’ll post a final.

To say the least the machine is very very dirty and I need to up my dust collection game.

5 Likes

Love it that way! Well loved.

1 Like

Hi How did you solve the LPC176X problem?
Thanks in advance

Make sure you have git installed. https://git-scm.com/downloads

Then it should download the dependencies it needs automatically. I haven’t run into that error on my recent compiles.

2 Likes

That is so nice. Great job! I am a few weeks from that! woot

After doing the finishing this is how my first real project came out. I’m super impressed with the MPCNC (and so are my friends :D). Obviously more tweaking to do because it just isn’t fun without tweaking.

Edit: This was cut into oak; then I randomly cut the edge with a scroll saw then the notches with an angle grinder with sanding wheel. Spray painted it all black. Sanded off the top spray paint and then lacquered the entire thing.

12 Likes

Sign looks great, congrats on the build!

Can you guys imagine what my father may have done with one of these? These were made for my brother and me when I was six. I learned to sand on these beds. My father made two of them and a bunch of furniture for the house those two years when I was six to eight. I hated sanding them but they turned out so nice.

2 Likes

Also back when you could get “dry” and “straight” lumber form the “lumber yard”

2 Likes

Imagine if you had a garage!

2 Likes

Well. That Lumber was taken from 2/4’s out of a government building and glued together then planed all down. It took my father 2 months preparing all the wood. The wood was all free. He had to ask the Admiral of the base (Treasure Island in the San Fran bay) permission to use the wood in the first place. Free is free and Jeff my father was a Hull Tech in the Navy. At the time he ran the base (DIY) hobby shop. Another term we could use is woodshop. We had a 50 yard by 50-yard space. The navy is always overkill. He had every industrial machine in the place. It was an awesome place. I wish I had pics of the place. It was just awesome. Thank you for your kind words. We had a house of handcrafted stuff. I’ll share the most ridiculous thing he made. Horses on rockers. We took them off the rockers though. lol. They ended up as plant holders. My dad loved the outdoors also.

We even had a ceramic DIY shop next door with the same footprint. The shops were in old delivery warehouses the navy abandoned in the '40s on the island. Again this was 1976 so the island property has been privatized so who knows what is on it now.
Now tell me what you really think about that orange carpet. I can not remember if it was a brown or orange. But I have been in so many homes that had the old Green and Orange that I can not remember some of my personal colors. The photos are old and I had Adobe Elements fix the coloring in them. Dad also found other pieces of lumber in those buildings that were larger than 2x4’s if you were wondering hos some of the stuff looks like full pieces of wood. Almost everything in that pic was made by my fathers hands.

1 Like