MPCNC BTT TouchScreenFirmware for TFT35 2.0

Hi Gabriele, thanks for your reply, I have indeed made a start on converting the Laser control page from using the Fan commands to using M3 Sxxx to specify laser on powers…and it works! I mangled the existing laser.c with spindle.c to arrrive at something that displays a page with 7 icons for selecting different power settings and a return icon, but I am stuck on the label and icons.

In the snapshot is my laser.c showing the ICON_LASER_12, 25,50,75 and the LABEL_LASER_12,25,50,75…all these identifiers are undefined (and therefore white in the workspace and I do not know where to look to define them (or how to at this stage)…I was hoping to find entries in a search for LABEL_LASER_2 but no joy. I have added the icons to the TFT35 folder and made entries in icon_list.inc, as you can see.
If I set all the ICON_LASER_ to 2 and all the LABEL_LASER_ to 2 it compiles and I get this -

So…any idea where I declare my icons and labels?

I will d/l your latest firmware, is there a best way for me to share my efforts with you and others if they are interested?

Hi Mike,
I’m glad you are working to customize the TFT35 FW to mange laser, I try to explain what I have discovered by reverse engineering BTT FW.

To add a label you must proceed in this way:

1. Modify Language.inc to include all the new labels
  2. Modify each language_??.h file to associate the label to it’s translation

For the laser control wouldn’t be better a page with + and - to control more precisely the laser power or it is enough to have some preset levels? if you share your laser.c file I can try to understand how to integrate it in the fan.c style menu.

I’m not a github poweruser but probably the best way to share your progresses is to create a branch of my repository managed by you doing a new pull request.

Hi Gabriele, As if by magic…I start up Visual Studio today and the ICON_LASER_12 et.al. are working. I am guessing because I had made entries in the icon_list_inc file for my new icons after a restart it ‘registered’ my changes. I will now try and do as you suggest for the LABELS…

I am not sure an INC and DEC is really necessary for the laser…having more than the 2%, a 100% and a 0% would really be all you need during the setup phase of an operation, all the analogue settings are taken care of during the actual lasing job, I just wanted to fill up the Laser page with pretty icons.

My version of Laser.c is not pretty! I am sure I broke every rule in the programmers handbook bar one…it works! Let me get the labels working and I will post it up somewhere…I will look into opening a pull request…this is new to me.

All done…I have uploaded my version to your github as a pull request…take a look and let me know what you think!

Hi Mike,
can you share the link to your github repository, I’m not a github expert and I haven’t seen your mods.

G

Ermmm…I don’t have a github repository… I uploaded my mods to your page via a pull request…or did I misunderstand your earlier message?

Anyhow I have been busy today too… fixed a bug in the printing.c which crashed because it sent a M221 which the controller didn’t like and changed a couple of icons,anyhow…total progress so far is uploaded here - https://www.udrop.com/97a/LowRider_TFT35_My_Version.rar

Got a wish list for my next post!

So as I see it…the main thing that needs addressing now is in the printing menu, when you load up a jobyou are presented with a screen with 4 option icons (the smaller Icons are info only) the ‘More’ icon is superfluous and could be replaced with the only function within the ‘more’ menu that is of any use to a machinist…the ‘speed’ function…labelled Percentage, now I have removed the flow rate function within the Percentage all that is left is speed of the axes’, which is useful.
I have been at it most of the day but cannot see how to replace the ‘More’ function with the ‘Percentage’ function (and get it to compile)…any pointers would be most welcome at this point!

OK… so I have got as far as I can with this I think. current firmware.zip (1.9 MB) . I am currently playing with using this BTT TFT35 to control a plain vanilla Nano based 2 axis controller on a laser engraver.

Hello Mike,
I was stuck on this topic, thank you very much for your update, I’ll have a look soon.

Thank you!

small update…it appears that disabling the regular M105 requests also keeps the ‘printer not connected’ message. I have had to reinstate the M105’s but set the time between them to about 20 minutes in order to get my marlin based skrv1.3 to connect properly. BIQU_TFT35_APP1_V2.0.26.zip (75.6 KB) The files /TFT/User/Menu/Heat.c and Heat.h contain the mods.
This still does not help with the connection to a GRBL device though, that still remains ‘printer not connected’ so there is something to do with the grbl/marlin protocol still causing me problems.

All this might be of little consequence as I have ordered a MKS TFT24 that supports GRBL out of the box. The editing of the icons is a bit convoluted as it uses .bin for the file format but there is a conversion utility with a batch command to speed things along a bit…can’t wait to have something else to play with!

Is there anything that needs to be done to this to install it on the tft? Want to try it out but not sure if it needs compiled or not.

Just copy the files to the SD card. Place the card in the TFT and reboot the system.

Hi Darian,
You have to recompile the fw. I have not updated the binaries in my github repository.
Please consider that, if you have TFT35 2.0, you have to update the boot following BTT instructions in the repository. Boot fix
Please let me know if you need some help.

The update I posted does not need re-compiling…but you will also need the TFT35 directory containing all the icons and fonts that my previous upload (current firmware,zip) contains…without those icons you will get corrupted icons on the display. Just place the .bin file and the TFT35 dir on the root of an tf card, insert it in the card slot on the display and press the reset button…

Tried installing and it wouldn’t work

When you inserted the card with the .bin file and dir files and rebooted did you see anything on the screen?

This is for a BigTreeTech TFT 35_V2.0 Is your display this version?

I have the tft35 e3 v3.0

Ah…well as there is a different .bin file between the V2 and the V3 I am guessing that the files I have posted wont work on the V3…sorry, someone with a v3 will have to modify the bin to tweak the icons and functionality for that version.