MP3DP V2 - Build

:rofl: gotcha.

Yeah, this is the Chinese knockoff that actually surpassed the originalā€¦ LOL
thou i wouldnā€™t be surprised if it was taken from someone else.

I have motion - Still quite a messā€¦
Using a SKR MINI E3 V2.0 with Raspberry PI 3b+ running MainsailOS/Klipper

Used a combination of mods from Prusa site to allow me to mount a Voron tool head.

Iā€™d trying test prints but I donā€™t have the correct thermistor for the Phateus Dragon.

Goal here is not to print fast or anything I was merely trying to avoid throwing away parts and also learning the SKR Mini MCU , Mainsail OS and Klipper before moving onto a Voron build.
Image 4

Curious to know who here has MainsailOS/Klipper experience and their thoughts on it.

3 Likes

On my CR10S pro with SKR2 and a hemera. Iā€™m running Fluidd/Klipper and I love it. Iā€™m going to update the Repeat to klipper also.

If Iā€™m not mistaken Phateus Dragon uses the same thermistor as the E3D V6 heat block and some of the Creality heated bed. ATC Semitec 104GT-2.

I did order some correct thermistors so hopefully will be printing in a day or two.

What I cannot figure out is how to set my homing to center of bed.

I have sensorless homing on my X axis so it racks to the far left but when I start an ā€œairā€ print the toolhead is off center.

Okay, which do you mean?

• set the printerā€™s 0,0 position to be the center of the bed. This means that you define the X stop as (for example) -100mm so that it knows that it has to move 100mm to the right to get to the 0 point. (This is a popular option for people who have multiple printers, including deltas, because they can run the same Gcode on any printer, if they do it right.) I always compile the X/Y endstop positions into my firmware on the configuration.h. Not sure if it can be adjusted from the menu.

• set the printerā€™s position to the center of the bed when homing. typically done for using a probe for homing the printer. This is done by enabling Z_SAFE_HOMING in the configuration.h file, and then defining the X/Y coordinates where you want the printer to be when it homes Z. I think the MP3DPv2 firmware assumes that youā€™re using the limit switch by default, but mine has that enabled.

Thatā€™s a weird way to do it.

Well actually when I home the printer. Again, keep in mind this is a mashup not a text book MP3DP V2.

I am running MainsailOS and Klipper.

When I home and axis is a 0,0,0 - in order for the nozzle to be over the top left corner I have to move Y to 18.00 and X to 20.00

In Klipper I am not sure what I should be setting to have it home as such.

The homing to the center of the bed is what I have been use to on my other machine that uses a probe.

Youā€™ll need to adjust the XY coordinates to the center of your bed.

[homing_override]
axes: z
set_position_z: 0
gcode:
   G90
   G0 Z5 F600
   G28 X Y
   G0 X179 Y249.5 F3600
   G28 Z
   G0 Z10 F1800
   G0 X125 Y125 Z20 F3600

Did you try #define_MANUAL_X_HOME_POS xx , and the same for Y
(xx is you position)

I have notā€¦ this is how X is set right now.

[stepper_x]
step_pin: PB13
dir_pin: PB12
enable_pin: !PB14
microsteps: 16
rotation_distance: 40
endstop_pin: tmc2209_stepper_x:virtual_endstop
position_endstop: -20
position_min: 0
position_max: 220
homing_speed: 50
homing_retract_dist: 0

[tmc2209 stepper_x]
uart_pin: PC11
tx_pin: PC10
uart_address: 0
run_current: 0.580
stealthchop_threshold: 1
driver_SGTHRS: 120
diag_pin: ^PC0

how about your [safe_z_home]?

I donā€™t have that defined either.

1 Like

Try add this lines to your config, just change the home_xy_position to the center of your printer.

[safe_z_home]

home_xy_position: xxx,xxx
speed: 200
z_hop: 10
z_hop_speed: 10

1 Like

Right now I am trying to get it to have the right setting for each axis so when I go to print, in this case a 15mm circle that is in the center of the bed, it goes to the center of the bed.

However, in this case you can see the toolhead is no where near the center of the bed during this ā€œair printā€ of a 15mm circle.

So if you manually move X to 0 is it at the left edge of the bed? Then if you move X to 220 is it at the right edge of the bed?

Iā€™m not an expert by far but I have an OK undertanding of the klipper config. Would you mind share your printer.cfg?

1 Like

Here it isā€¦ I have tried a few things but still it prints to the left of center.
slicer is set at 220x220x180z
printer.cfg.gcode (3.4 KB)

Still want to know if X220 is the right edge of the plate.

1 Like

Let me go checkā€¦ but I did use this [safe_z_home] and it now homes to the front left corner with values of 20x, 18y

question!!!

when you home the printer , x and y, is the nozzle of the bed?
You have position_endstop set to 0 on x and y stepper.
and you should add the safe_z_home to tell klipper that you want home to be on those coordinates